A New Time:

~Aerion~

I was in shock. Only today had I arrived home from battle and then witnessed the birth of my child. I slept beside Aralia that night grateful I had come home.

I woke to the sound of a baby crying. Not any baby, my baby. I bolted from bed and walked over to the cradle we had set up in our room. Authion clenched his fists as he cried.

"Hey, don't cry, you're going to wake nana up," I picked him up. He looked up at me with watery blue eyes.

"Ada's got you now." I walked over to the window, "Do you like stars?"

He looked up at me with wonder. I kissed his little cheeks, "One day when you're older, I'll teach you all about the stars." Authions eyes drooped shut as he gripped a piece of my hair I gently pulled it away from him, placing him back in his crib, "Sleep well my son, Ada will watch over you." I leaned on the side of the cradle, observing my newborn baby sleep.

"You're good at this," Aralia sat up.

I smiled, "I've had experience with my younger siblings."

She leaned back against the pillows, "Are you coming back to bed?" I looked at my little boy one last time.

"Aer, he's okay."

I nodded.

"Why don't you bring him here with us?" She suggested.

"Is it safe?"

Aralia folded a blanket in between where we both slept, "Yes."

I picked up Authion, careful not to wake him. I placed him on the bed, pulling Ari closer to me.

She smiled as she played with his fingers, "Our baby."

I kissed her forehead, "Our baby." Authion's eyes opened. I cringed, waiting for him to cry. He did.

"Does he need a diaper change?" I suggested.

Aralia put her finger to his mouth, which he greedily sucked on. "He's hungry."

I helped her settle herself in a good position, "That's your department." She smiled.

We lay with Authion between us. The night darkness surrounded us. My senses were alert. Everything made me jump. Aralia could sense my nervousness, "Are you alright?"

I shrugged placing my hand on Authion's head, "Just checking."

She frowned, "The palace is heavily guarded. I think we're okay."

I smiled, "I just don't want anything near the baby."

Our fingers intertwined as we fell asleep. 

~Aralia~

Indilwen smiled as she held my son, "He's beautiful, Aerion must be so happy."

I stroked the baby's cheek, "He is."

Indy held my baby up, "Aunt Indy is going to spoil you rotten."

I shook my head chuckling to myself. Everyone was obsessed with Authion. And who could blame them? At just a week old the little prince had plenty of personality. So far I was loving life as a mother. Sure, I didn't exactly appreciate getting woken up at all hours but all I had to do was look into his beautiful eyes and it was worth it. Aerion was being the earth's sweetest husband, taking care of both of us. He wanted to be enveloped in every aspect of Authion's care. I wasn't complaining, a baby was a lot of work.