CHAPTER 10

FLAMES TO DUST

FLAMES TO DUST

As Hyunjin's eyes traced over the dossier detailing Felix's background, a small smirk curled at the corner of his lips. The innocent looking bakery owner was involved with most powerful rival mafia 'Blood Hounds'

"Interesting," he mused, his voice a low rumble of satisfaction. It seemed that there was more to Felix than met the eye—a hidden layer  beneath his outward facade of innocence.

"Fucking omega is getting his hands dirty with the things meant for Alphas."
He chuckled.

The name "Blood Hounds" sent a chill of anger down Hyunjin's spine, invoking memories of a bitter rivalry that had spanned generations.
Years ago, his father, Hwang Seop had finsihed the legacy of  Blood Hounds by eliminating their main head.

For a time, it seemed that peace had been restored to the underworld, the balance of power firmly in the Hwang family's favor.
But now,  the emergence of Blood Hounds was a new  threat  again.

"These people never listen."

The audacity of the  members of the Blood Hounds to dare to challenge the Hwangs once more filled Hyunjin with a  rage. How dare they?

"I will rescue you soon sister Yeji. And dig the graves of everyone related to Blood Hound. I will mass murder everyone!"
He grunted in anger.

Hyunjin's eyes narrowed as he stared at the picture of Felix, the man accused of kidnapping his beloved sister Hyerin and aiding in the abduction of Yeji. The rage that simmered within him threatened to boil over.

Hyunjin wasted no more time. He knew that swift action was necessary to send a message to those who dared to cross the Hwang family. Without a second thought, he  commanded to his guards to burndown Felix's bakery.

The evening moon cast a warm glow over Felix's balcony as he sat on the floor, holding his coffee cup in his hands.
Despite the peaceful sounds of nature and insects, sadness was visible  in his eyes, weighing heavily on his heart.

It had been a few days since his twin, Yongbok, had unexpectedly moved out, cutting all ties with Felix in the process. The sudden abandonment had left Felix  lonely.

As he sipped his coffee, Felix couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness. The balcony, once a place where they used to drink coffee, now felt desolate.
Even though Yongbok didn't treat him well, his presence was enough to make Felix feel secure and content.

With a heavy sigh, Felix set down his coffee cup, his thoughts consumed by the unanswered questions in his mind. Why had Yongbok left without a word? What had driven him to cut ties with Felix so abruptly?

"Where is he even now? Am I such a bad brother?"
He pouted sadly.

Felix's phone rang suddenly. The omega picked it up but what he heard next shook him to his core.