CHAPTER 23

NIGHTMATRE

Kai clutched his small bag, his eyes scanning the sea of faces at the school gate. He bounced on his heels, eager to see Han, who usually picked him up after school. The bustling crowd of children and parents blurred around him as he waited.

Nearby, one of Hyunjin's guards, Yoongi, squinted as he noticed Kai. He had come to pick up Hyunjin's sister, Hyerin, but the resemblance between that boy  and his boss Hyunjin was unmistakable. His curiosity piqued and he discreetly snapped a picture of the boy.

As he walked back to his car, he dialed Jennie. The phone rang twice before she picked up, her tone irritated. "Why are you calling at this hour?"

"Check the message I just sent you," Yoongi replied, his voice low and urgent.Jennie sighed, but opened her messages. As soon as she saw the photo, her eyes widened. "Is that...?"

"Yes," Yoongi confirmed. "He looks exactly like ahem..our boss. This could be important."

"I'll handle this. Keep an eye on him but don't do anything yet. We need to be sure."

"Understood," Yoongi said, ending the call and glancing back at the school gate, where Kai still waited.

Jennie placed her phone on the table, squeezing her eyes shut in frustration. She muttered under her breath, trying to make sense of the photo. The resemblance to Hyunjin was uncanny.

As she stared at the picture, the realization hit her: this was something Hyunjin couldn't know about."No way," she whispered to herself, shaking her head. "I can't let that ruthless man  find out."

She grabbed her coat and headed out, determination in her steps. She needed to find a way to handle this delicately, to keep the boy safe from Hyunjin, but most importantly Felix.

The room is dimly lit, filled with the hum
of computers and the glow of monitors. Soobin, a sharp and focused hacking agent, sits at his desk,surrounded by high-tech equipment. He looks up as Jwnniw enters.

"Good evening Jen. What brings you here?"

"Soobin, weneed to talk. It's urgent."

Soobin nods, motioning for her to sit. He closes the door behind her, ensuring their privacy.

"What's going on, Jennie?"

Jennie pulls out her phone, showingSoobin the picture of Kai. His eyes widen as he gasps, recognizing the striking resemblance to Hyunjin.

"Is this...?"

"Yes.Our bastard boss never used condoms when he r@ped that innocent Felix. There's a high possibility this boy is Hyunjin's son.

Soobin leans back in his chair, processingthe Jennie's words. His expression turns serious as he realizes the implications.

"My god, Jennie. If this is true..."