𝟎𝟐𝟐

Mist Hashira

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        Y/N found herself in the hot spring at the Swordsmith Village with Mitsuri. As the name suggested, the Swordsmith Village was home to the skilled swordsmiths who made the nichirn katanas of the Demon Slayers.

Even though both Y/N and Mitsuri were girls, Y/N was still a bit uncomfortable showing her bare body to her, so she just wore a robe and kept her feet dipped in the water.

They were there for a while, Mitsuri doing most of the talking while Y/N listened. As they spoke, Y/N could hear the sound of echoing. It was a voice that sounded vaguely similar to Tanjiro's.

"Hmm? Did you hear that,
Y/N-chan?" Mitsuri asked. She stood in the hot spring. Y/N blushed [IGNORE IF YOU HAVE DARKER SKIN] and looked away, as the only thing that was covering Mitsuri's breasts was her hair, and her leg shielded her... private area. "Has someone arrived? That makes me so excited!"

Mitsuri got out of the hot spring and wrapped herself on a robe of her own, which had a flower design on it. Y/N took that as her cue to take her feet out of the water and put her zōri on.

"Oh, hello there!" Mitsuri called out.

Y/N glanced in the direction that she was looking at and saw someone approaching. She quickly recognized them as the boy who grabbed Kanata's hair at Final Selection, the same boy who froze up when he saw her back at the Butterfly Mansion so many months ago.

The boy took notice of Y/N and Mitsuri, and he did the same thing as before. He froze up, his face turning beet red.

"Hi! Nice to meet you! You're tall!" Mitsuri said, trying to strike up a conversation with him. He just stood silent, however, looking in the opposite direction as his body shivered. "I'm Kanroji Mitsuri, and this is Y/N! What Breathing Style do you use? How old are you? What's your name?"

No matter how many questions Mitsuri asked, the boy wouldn't respond, making her pout.

"I think he wants to be left alone, Mitsuri," Y/N said.

She guided a now saddened Mitsuri away from the hot spring and back towards the entrance. As Y/N suspected, Tanjiro was there. He went to the hot spring himself with Nezuko and came back in time for a meal. Mitsuri eventually had to leave because her sword was finished, leaving Y/N with Tanjiro and Nezuko.

"It's been so long since the two of us have been together one-on-one!" Tanjiro said as Nezuko hugged Y/N's leg.

"I believe this is the first time," she said, lightly patting the girl's head.

He laughed awkwardly. He really liked Y/N, but all he seemed to do was embarrass himself in front of her all the time. He should prove to her that he's worthy of protecting her. Yes, that was one of his new missions!

"Y/N..."

Y/N hummed and looked behind her, immediately recognizing the familiar face. They were the Mist Hashira, Tokito Muichiro. The two of them were the same age and same height, and they also happened to be distant cousins, their common ancestor having lived over a thousand years ago. He had long black hair with pale turquoise tips, and his big, blank eyes were of the same shade turquoise. He wore the Demon Slayer uniform, though his was modified so that the sleeves and pant-legs were baggy. He glanced between Y/N and Tanjiro before promptly grabbing Y/N's hand and dragging her outside.

Muichiro was always an odd boy. He had short-term memory loss and amnesia, making it so that he couldn't remember anything from eleven-years-old and younger. He was very aloof and blunt, and the only person he really showed respect to was Ubuyashiki. But even so, he couldn't help but show affection to his precious cousin. He didn't understand it, really. All he knew was that he loved her dearly.

"What are you doing here, Mui?" Y/N asked, calling him by his nickname.

He hummed, glancing up at the clouds for a few moments.

"I heard you came here..." he finally murmured, "And I wanted to find something... A mechanical doll."

"A mechanical doll? Why would you want to find that?"

"I heard it's good training..."

He brought them over to a tree, where he sat down and leaned on Y/N's shoulder, nuzzling close to her. Y/N blinked and leaned on his head. They shared a comfortable silence as they cloud gazed, the gaze on them in the shadows going unnoticed.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Since Tanjiro doesn't know that Y/N and Muichiro are cousins, he sees Muichiro as a potential threat to their relationship (he still is; he's a fucking menace).

❥ Since Y/N and Muichiro have so much and common and since they're relatives, they naturally get along, though she still never quite considered him a friend up until this point.

❥ Y/N has no idea what a mechanical doll is and was just going along with what Muichiro was saying.

❥ Muichiro was going to go to the Swordsmith Village the next day, but after hearing that Y/N was there, he came a day early.
❥ Mitsuri is going to be a more tame and rational yandere (I think).
❥ If it wasn't blatantly obvious already, Muichiro is my favorite. He's a qt <3

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════