𝟎𝟐𝟓

Uppermoon Five

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

As soon as Y/N and Muichiro landed, they started speeding back to the scene as fast as their legs could take them. As they ran, Y/N spotted the young boy from before being attacked by a large fish-like demon. Muichiro also seemed to notice, but he ignored it and continued running. This prompted Y/N to take action

In the blink of an eye, the demon's arm that held the boy was sliced off. She assumed a battle stance in front of him.

"Run away!" she said in a commanding voice.

Muichiro came to a stop and stood to the side silently. His eyes were widened slightly as he watched her protecting the boy. How kind... Nobody deserves his precious cousin but him.

"You heard her," he finally said, taking a stance next to her, "If all you can do is get in the way, then leave!"

He went to decapitate the demon, but it started regenerating again. Y/N spotted a large vase on top of its body and sliced it, immediately making it crumble to dust.

The boy sobbed and thanked them profusely, which quickly got on Muichiro's nerves. He was about to leave, but the boy started insisting that they come help two other swordsmiths that were in grave danger. Muichiro was about to refuse, but Y/N spoke before he could.

"Of course we'll help them," she said.

She gently threw the boy over his shoulder, or as gently as you could get, and ran off, Muichiro quickly following behind her.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

Y/N and Muichiro stood back-to-back as they sliced two more fish demons. They made it to the hut where the two swordsmiths were, one of which was newly appointed to Muichiro. The other was nowhere to be seen, but according to his name, he must've been Tanjiro's appointed swordsmith.

Muichiro's swordsmith, Kanamori, tried to lead them to the hut, but
Y/N suddenly felt the presence of another demon. A second Uppermoon.

Muichiro noticed two and pulled Kanamori and the boy, who she now knew as Kotetsu, back to hide in the trees. The two Demon Slayers stood on guard, waiting for the demon to appear.

"Hyo!"

There was rustling behind a bush before the demon emerged. It was even uglier than the one back at the Red Light District, with pure white skin and numerous little hands emerging out of the sides of its torso and head. It had no legs, its lower body coming out of a pot, and its eyes were replaced with two pairs of lips. One of its eyes was in the place of its mouth, and the other was on its forehead. However, what threw Y/N off the most, though she knew to expect it, was that its eyes showed the words 'Uppermoon Five.'

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Kagaya and Y/N are the only people whom Muichiro has never forgotten.
❥ Y/N is starting to believe that she is cursed with bad luck after having encountered so many Twelve Kizuki.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════