𝟎𝟐𝟑

The Presence of an Uppermoon

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        Y/N's gaze flickered between Muichiro and the young child as they argued. It was the next morning, and Y/N had accompanied Muichiro on his hunt for the mechanical doll. They found a little boy, who most likely had the key. Muichiro wasn't going about it nicely, though.

"Get out of here!" the boy yelled, "Whatever happens, I won't give you the key, and I defined won't tell you how to use it."

Muichiro clicked his tongue in annoyance. His raised his hand, about to strike the boy, but Y/N quickly grabbed his wrist.

"It can't be that serious, Mui," she said, putting his hand down.

Muichiro's blank gaze met hers before he looked back at the boy. He held his hand out expectantly.

"No! I won't give the key to anyone!" the boy shouted, "Even if they tortured me! Never! It'll break next time!"

"Have you been trained to withstand torture?" Muichiro rhetorically asked, "Even most adults can't endure it, so it's impossible that you could.

"You appear to be an exceedingly dumb brat. So what if it does break? Why not make it again? Do you know how many people will die while you're rattling on and on with your nonsense?

"That's what it means to interfere with a Hashira. Your time and a Hashira's time have completely different value. If you used your head just a little, you'd understand.

"Swordsmiths can't fight. They can't save someone's life. They only have the ability to make weapons.

"So, come on... The key. Know your place in life and act accordingly, because you aren't a baby."

Y/N blinked in surprise. She knew that Muichiro was blunt, but she didn't know he was that blunt. It bordered on straight-up cruel. She pursed her lips and glanced at the boy, knowing that she probably wasn't any better not so long ago.

"Why don't you just give us the key, and we'll be on our way," Y/N said, "I don't exactly know what a mechanical doll is, but if you built it, it's not impossible to fix, right?"

"Shut up! Shut up! I'm not giving you the-"

The boy let out a strangled cry before he could finish his sentence. Muichiro hit him hard on the neck, knocking him out cold. His eyes were unforgiving. He hated it when anyone talked to his dear cousin in such a manner...

"Mui!" Y/N said, kneeling down to check on the boy.

"He'll be fine," Muichiro said, taking the key off of his person, "Let's go."

Without waiting for a response, he grabbed her arm and dragged her off to find the doll.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        Four days had passed since
Y/N found the mechanical doll. It looked like someone she knew, but at the same time, she'd never met someone who looked like it before. Muichiro did end up messing it up pretty badly, and Y/N couldn't help but feel a little bad for the child since he looked so sad when they left.

Mitsuri, albeit reluctantly, left after getting her sword. Y/N got her sword back only a day later after finding the doll. Muichiro was off doing his own thing, so Y/N sat next to Tanjiro as she brushed Nezuko's hair with her fingers.

Tanjiro watched her with lovesick eyes, not noticing how Muichiro walked into the room. He quickly noticed Tanjiro's gaze and pinched his nose, causing the boy to yelp in surprise.

He asked if either of them knew who his new swordsmith was, and their talking sorta drifted off into a different subject. That was when Y/N felt a sudden overwhelming presence. The presence of an uppermoon.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Muichiro dislikes Tanjiro more than he did before.
❥ Y/N is learning how to become more empathetic.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════