𝟎𝟑𝟒

Countdown

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

Y/N started to kick and scream as she appeared in a new room. It was empty and had a traditional theme to it, though that was the least of her concerns. The one holding her had a tight grip. Too tight. It made her feel suffocated.

When he let her go, she let in a deep breath, as if it was her first gulp of air in a long time. She looked around the room, assessing her surroundings, before looking at her kidnappers. Upon seeing their eyes, her own widened in horror. 'Uppermoon One,' 'Uppermoon Two,' and 'Uppermoon Three.'

There was Akaza, she recognized, and Uppermoon Two was a tall man with blonde hair and eyes that were oddly very beautiful, being, quite literally, rainbow. Uppermoon One had two extra sets of eyes, and he looked like... Yorrichi?

"Ah~ You're so cute when you're frightened!" Uppermoon Two cooed.

He reached a hand out to her, and Akaza quickly slapped it away.

"Muzan-sama just wants us to watch her, so keep your dirty paws off of her," he hissed, getting a laugh in return.

"Oh, but she's so pretty! Hm~ You seem to care for this girl, Akaza-dono! Do you have a crush on her~?"

Akza growled and punched Uppermoon Two's arm off, but Uppermoon One wasn't paying any mind to them. He just stared at Y/N menacingly, all six of his eyes wide with recognition.

"... Kokushibo..." he murmured, the other two looking at him with slight surprise, though you couldn't really tell either Uppermoon Two.

"Ooh, you must be special! Kokushibo-dono never tells his name to humans! Then again, Muzan-sama did want you!" he laughed, "I'm Douma! I'm sure you already know who Akaza-dono is! And what's your name, pretty girl?"

"I don't have to tell you anything," Y/N spat, reaching for her sword only to not feel anything.

That's right... She was asleep when they got her, wearing nothing but her nemaki. She didn't have anything to protect herself. She couldn't help but feel as if all of her hard work was going down the drain.

"Aw, don't look so sad!" Douma said, getting in her face, "You get to spend time with us until Muzan-sama gives us a signal! Doesn't that sound like fun?"

More like hell.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

Y/N had been in that room for hours, and the three demons had been rotating in and out of the room. She desperately looked around for an exit, to no avail. She was itching to know what was going on on the outside. She could feel auras. The auras of the other Hashira. And the aura of death. But who died? It made her nervous beyond belief, more scared than she had ever been in her life. In that moment, she felt small. Weak. And she hated every second of it.

She settled herself in the corner of the room, now out of options. All she could do was sit there and wait. Wait for what, exactly? She herself didn't know.

The demons, meanwhile, were feeling differently. Kokushibo knew Y/N in a past life, but he never got to get close to her because of his damn brother. He'd make sure to fix that. Douma found her adorable and amusing, though there was something else about her that made him feel... drawn in. Genuinely. Akaza, ever since that battle at the Mugen Train, couldn't get Y/N out of his head. He wanted to see her again so badly, he just wished it was under different circumstances.

Y/N knew she could've smashed through the door, but the demons were there to stop her, and even if she did, she didn't know what was on the other side. But, she was at her wits end, and she was out of options...

So, as they rotated between Douma and Akaza, Y/N bolted up and, in an act of desperation,d drove herself into the wall, successfully busting it down. As she landed on the floor, the demons looked at her in surprise, but she also saw Giyu and Tanjiro down the hall.

She was about to run to them when she noticed that something was... off. They both looked unstable, as if something happened to them to make them go mad.

"Y/N..." Giyu murmured in a breathy voice, "I've been looking for you... Where were you...?"

Tanjiro pushed him to the side and tried to run over, but the three Uppermoons stood in front of her. However, Tanjiro looked equally as scary. Something snapped in him.

Y/N felt unsafe around all of them, so she turned on her heel and ran in the opposite direction. That was how she got involved in a wild goose chase, with her as the main target. Soon, others joined them. Kyojuro, Sanemi, Muichiro, Obanai, and Shinobu. They all seemed just as insane as the other, and it frightened her to no end.

It probably would've been better to go to them, though, because who she ran into next nearly made her heart. Kibutsuji stood there, but he didn't look like normal. His hair was long and white, and he was shirtless, showing off his muscular physique. All over his arms and legs were what looked like mouths with incredibly sharp teeth. He quickly took notice of her, grinned, and, in the blink of an eye, somehow pulled her close.

"Finally, after all these years..." he murmured, running his pointed claws over your face. One of them dug into your cheek, making a small cut. He licked at it, and his eyes widened, and he nearly doubled over. "So this is what your blood tastes like...? To think that Yorrichi hid this from me... I can tell... Your blood will make me powerful... I just need that Kamado girl, and then there will be no stopping me."

Suddenly, the building started to shake. Muzan held her close as he snapped out of his trance.

"Nakime!" he yelled, though he got no reply.

The building shook a little more before it ultimately collapsed, bringing them outside. Y/N knew that this could mean one thing and one thing only. The final battle had reached its countdown.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Yushiro was controlling Nakime, and after Tamayo died and finding out that Muzan had Y/N, he went into a blind fit of rage them left him unable to speak to them.

❥ This chapter may or may not be inspired by that one in Cursed Beauty
❥ I'm so ready for this book to end 😭🙏🏽

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════