𝟎𝟎𝟔

The Story of Your Ancestors

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        Y/N went to the Butterfly Mansion for a little while because there were a few shallow wounds on her body. Aoi, the main nurse, patched them up in no time, so she didn't have to do any rehabilitation training.

She wanted to go talk to Ubuyashiki about what Rui said, but from the few things that Giyu told her, he was putting Tanjiro on trial for travelling with a demon, and there would also be a Hashira meeting afterwards, so she couldn't interrupt. She decided to wait by hanging out with Kanao.

However, as she made her way down the hallway to see her, she bumped into someone. They were a tall boy who looked vaguely like the Wind Hashira, except this boy had black hair in the style of a mohawk while the Wind Hashira had white hair that was more grown out. She recognized him as that boy from Final Selection who grabbed Kanata's hair. Kanata, along with her sisters and brother, were like younger siblings to her, immediately making her dislike the boy. Y/N wasn't going to say anything, but she noticed how his face turned red as he looked at her.

"Um... Are you okay...?" she asked, glancing around for Aoi.

He didn't say anything, just looking at her with wide eyes. After a few moments of staring, he ran off, leaving her thoroughly confused. She decided it was best not to question it and continued outside to the courtyard, where Kanao probably was.

She was right in her prediction; Kanao was standing outside, a butterfly on her finger. She was a bit shorter than Y/N by two inches, but Kanao was older by a year. She had black hair that was tied into a side ponytail and fastened with a green and pink butterfly clip that once belonged to the late Flower Hashira. Her soft, calm eyes were a pretty shade of purple, and her uniform, which had a long skirt instead of pants, was also tinted that color. Draped over it was a short white cloak.

She seemed distracted, however. Kanao's eyes weren't on the butterfly on her finger but rather a pair of Kakushi. They each had something on their back; the man carried a weakened Tanjiro, and the woman carried the box that had Nezuko in it. That could only mean one thing: the trial was over, and the Hashira meeting was starting.

The Kakushi were trying to talk to Kanao, but she just smiled at them silently, a poker face that she learned to use as a small child. They were asking if they could enter the estate, but they were having trouble because all Kanao did was smile.

"You won't get anywhere asking her," Y/N said, "Follow me."

She took her shoes back off and went inside again. It didn't take long for her to find Aoi, who quickly took over things so Y/N could go back to Kanao. She went to stand next to the girl, who was now fiddling with a coin. It wasn't just any coin, though; it was a coin that she used to make decisions. She didn't know why Kanao still used it, but she didn't want to get privy, so she didn't question it.

The two met when they were children, and they got along quite well. Neither of them liked talking much, especially Kanao, so they usually just sat side-by-side and watched the butterflies.

Time passed by quickly, and Y/N noticed that the Insect Hashira had returned so she could visit Ubuyashiki. She said her goodbye to Kanao and left the Butterfly Mansion.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        "Oyakata-sama, I apologize for intruding, but I would like to ask you something of great importance, if you do not mind," she said, bowing her head reverently to the man.

Kagaya nodded, indicating for her to raise her head.

"What is it that you would like to tell me, my child?" he asked, his voice as soothing as ever.

She pursed her lips, hesitating for a moment before answering.

"While I was on Mount Natagumo... The little spider demon kept talking about how if he brought me to Kibutsuji, then he would give him an abundance of his blood. I don't understand... Why would he want me of all people?"

Kagaya hummed thoughtfully. Should he tell her now? She was growing older, so she deserved to know what was going on.

"Get comfortable, my child, and listen well," he said, "I shall tell you the story of your ancestors."

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Kanao secretly wanted Y/N to stay longer, but she didn't want to trouble her.
❥ I was originally going to make
Y/N's uniform with a long skirt kinda like Kanao, but I thought that with this Y/N's personality, she wouldn't want a skirt.
❥ The butterfly sisters are so overhated for no reason 😕

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════