3. HELLO LOVE

CHAPTER THREE: HELLO LOVE

---

SIX MONTHS LATER....

Five could hear indistinct chatter as the he was walking with The Handler towards the Commission's headquarter.

"I must admit, Number Five. In all the time that I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like you, except for Y/n of course" The Handler said "Hello, Handler" a man said as he walked past the two.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha, for example are talented, certainly, but...they can't see the big picture. You spunk, your enterprising spirit, well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if...I may be so vainglorious" The Handler said to Five as the two walked up the steps that lead to the front door of the headquarter.

"If things work out for you here, you could potentially make a fine successor, Five" she said before they entered the headquarter.

As soon as they entered, The Handler took off her jacket before handing it to a man.

"I'd like to discuss the logistis of my family's safety at your earliest convenience" Five said as he followed her up the stairs.

"As well as this body replacement" he said "Such chutzpah. It's refreshing, I'll admit. Slow down, Five. All in good time. In face, now that you've finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world" The Handler said as they walked up the last stairs before they turned right in the hallway.

"The Commission works in support of a delicate balance between the time line of events and mankind's free will" she said as they walked past the briefcase room causing Five to look at the room.

"The briefcase is no longer part of your kit, Five. Free your mind. You're management now. One of us" she said as they walked past the room and she continued to show Five around the headquarters.

"Alright, anyway. All the people on this floor are case managers, each one responsible for one major event at a time" she said as they looked into a room filled with people that was all sitting by their desk while typing on a typewriter.

"So many of them" Five said "Impressive, isn't it. Being part of something...so grand" she said as they could hear indistinct chatter and phones ringing.

"Come along" she said as she walked away and Five follow her.

"Whenever someone chooses the wrong path and the time line is changed, the Commission gets a report from field agents on the ground. These field reports are sorted and assigned to a case manager. They determine if anyone needs to be...removed from the equation to assure that their even happens as it should" she explained as they walked into the tube room.

"Based on the determination, the case manager sends instructions via pneumatic tube to...tempotal assassins like you formerly were. Any queries so far?" she asked.