41. THE SPARROWS

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: THE SPARROWS

---

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 16 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only on the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible. He got seven of them and called them The Sparrow Academy and he turned them into being crime-fighters.

The Sparrow Academy was one of the finest crime fighting forces in the city. What made them such a good team was their communication skills and working together, no one could defeat them and they became famous.

Number One/Marcus Hargreeves/The leader:

Marcus' powers are Superhuman strength.

Marcus is a charming, chiseled, colossus. Honest, virtuous, and demanding, Marcus keeps the family together. Graceful but lethal, calculated but compassionate, he is smart and he is strong. Marcus is disciplined, rational and in control. He oozes confidence and leadership without ever having to raise his voice.

Marcus is the leader of the Sparrows who keeps the family in cheek.

Number Two/ Ben Hargreeves/The Schemer:

Ben has the ability to summon Eldritch Tentacles from a portal in his abdomen. The tentacles are extremely strong, meaning he's able to grab, stab, squeeze, and destroy his enemies.

Ben is a Machiavellian tactician, wrapped up in a pretty boy body with a rumbling inner-squid. Vicious, pragmatic, and hyper-vigilant. Ben is determined to gain his status as the leader at all cost.

Ben always wanted to be included and a lot, he always wanted a fight, contrary to Marcus who always wanted to talk things out first.

He try to show people that he can be a leader too. He actually got the chance of being a leader but under his order something went wrong and Ben became number two and Marcus became number one and took the role as the leader of the sparrow.

Ben always try to act like a leader by trying to control people and he is jealous of Marcus because he is the leader of the family.

Number Three/Fei Hargreeves/The Sharp Eyed:

Fei sees the world in a special way.

Her ability are that she can summon crows out of her back and is able to control them, since she is blind, the crows act as her eyes and ears, and she sees everything they do, no matter where they are, that mean that she can use her crows to spy on people as well as use them to attack other.

Fei doesn't ask for help, but can be tough when she need too.

She comes across as a misanthrope who rather be alone than spend even a second with you. But truth be told, Fei wishes she had a friend. Most of the time, Fei is the smartest person in the room who is willing to negotiate but can hold a grudge.

But if you cross her, there's no looking back because Fei wouldn't stop until the job is done.

Number Four/Alphonso Hargreeves/The Jokester:

His ability is that he is kind of a human voodoo doll. Whenever he is injured, he's able to inflict that very same injury to his opponent which mean he can reflects any damage you do to him onto the person who just inflicted it

His rubber-like ability allows him to deflect attacks back onto his opponents.

Years of crime fighting has left his face and body with countless visual reminders of his battles. To compensate, Alphonso is armed with a caustic and biting sense of humor. The only thing he likes better than verbally battering anyone foolish enough to get in his face, is good pizza and six-pack of beer.

Alphonso is a calm chill guy that is always making jokes.

Number Five/Sloane Hargreeves/The Gravity Defyer:

Sloane's ability is that she can control gravity, meaning that she's able to levitate and fly, and allow others to do so. She can moved things with her mind as well as turn off the gravity for someone.

She can also move objects and people with her gravity manipulation.

Sloane is a romantic and a dreamer who feels a higher cosmic calling leaving her eager to see the world and experience a life beyond her upbringing. But obligations to her family keep Sloane tethered to the Academy, as does her fear of crossing family line. But Sloane has plans...and one day she might just be brave enough to act on them.

Sloane is a sweet person, who sometimes is trying to act scary and tough but is not.

She collects postcards from places she wants to go.

Number Six/Jayme Hargreeves/The Pessimist:

Jayme has the ability to shoot hallucinogenic spit from her throat, that causes her victims to have vivid hallucinations or daydreams, that often involve their deepest desires.

Jayme is a loner with a fear-inducing snarl you'd wise to avoid at all costs. She doesn't say much because she doesn't have to. Catch a glimpse of it, and you'll run across the street to avoid what follows. Smart and sharp as a knife, she spent most of her time hanging with Alphonso, her only friend.

Number Seven/ Christopher/Chris/ The Chatterbox:

He has the ability to induce paralysis, fear, existential dread, and freezing temperatures in any environment

Chris is a telekinetic cube of unknown origin. He can turn the room freezing cold and include paralyzing fear without so much as a warning. He acts as the Sparrow's consulted oracle who hands out incredible advice and serves as the family mediator. Trustworthy, loyal, and is treated by the Sparrows like any other sibling, Christopher is a force to be reckoned with.

The Sparrows are the only one that can understand Chris.

Then there is you, Y/n Hudson who is an adult woman in your 18-year-old body. And is also an retire assassin and the most deadliest of them. You have being the one that have trained the Sparrows since they were 10 years old. They care for you like a mom and you care for them like your own kids. 

Then there is the Sparrows adopted father, Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer who bought the Sparrows when they were babies.

After meeting and talking to a certain someone that was from the future and after saving her from a crash. Reginald beg the retire assassin Y/n Hudson to train his children which you said yes to and you taught them everything basic. 

A/N: Vote or comment