28. BONNIE & CLYDE

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: BONNIE & CLYDE

---

To protect you and take the blame, Five didn't tell The Handler that you were going with him. Instead he told her that he was going to do it alone. 

So now you and Five had travel to 1982 to carry out the mission.

You were walking next to Five as he was looking down on the paper that The Handler has giving him like he think that staring at the address was going to change anything.

"This is the right place" Five said and you nodded before you glanced as Five put the paper back in his pocket.

The sound of people chattering was heard as you both walked past a line of parked cars and a man in a the driver seat of one of the cars, opened the door causing Five to move a bit so he didn't get hit.

You entered the lodge behind Five and you looked around while Five fixed his blazer before he took a deep breath.

"This is a stupid deal. She is playing with you" you said "What if she's not" he said and you let out a sigh before looking down "I don't like this. There is something else in this" you said "Don't worry I will be here if you go overboard" he said and he was about to take your hand "I can handle it by myself" you push the hand hand away.

"Let's just get this over with. So you can get the damn briefcase and then we don't have to see each other again" you said "Just enjoy it, this will be our last mission as partners in crime" he said "I will enjoy it" you said "Just not too much you know what happens when--" "I know what happens" you said, cutting him off "But I got over a year without the killer in me awakening and three years without you by my side. So I think I can handle this" you scoff before you walked back Five.

Five had to take the deal. If this was the only way to get back, he had to take it. He wanted to save the world and his family. He wanted nothing more than to stop the apocalypse and go back to that timeline him and his siblings belong. He would do anything to save and protect the people he love, including you.

You both turned left before you stopped next to a blonde woman that was standing by a table, writing something down on a black board in white letters.

Five leaned down trying to get the woman's attention "Excuse me" he said causing the woman to jumped back slightly "Uff da" the woman said, looking at the two of you "You two snuck up on me there. If you're looking for the cookies we don't put 'em out till 3:00" she said "We can hardly wait" Five said in a ionic and emotionlessly way.

"Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society is meeting?" I asked as Five looked looked around the room while messing with his hands "Sure do. Muskellunge Banquest Room" the woman said as she pointed to a door that lead to a hallway making us to look in that direction "You looking for your mom? She's in for the convention? I'm sure she'd happy to see your boyfriend with you" the woman said "Not together" you said.