2. THE DIVORCE AND A NEW START

CHAPTER TWO: THE DIVORCE AND A NEW START

---

20 years later. December 2040.

You and Five was laying on a blanket, Five on top of you as he was kissing your neck while another blanket was covering your naked bodies.

You were now 33 and Five was 34 and you have being in the apocalypse for over two decades now.

But you have also being a couple for twelve years and married for eleven. 

Yeah you and Five got married who would have thought of that.

Only a year after you both took off the stuff that was covering your faces as the air finally turned back to breathable. You started liking that stupid face of his. Hate turned into liking and liking turned into loving and you had your first kiss when you were 21 and he was 22 and a year later, he ask you to become his wife which you said yes to. You didn't held any wedding or anything, because he promised you that the two of you would get married for real when you are both out of here.

"I love you so freaking much" Five kissed your ear "I love you even more" you said before letting out a moan.

"I'm so happy that I got stuck in the future otherwise we would never have met" he said "And I'm so happy about that" you said "Me too" he kissed your collar bone.    

"We are never leaving each other right?" he said "Never" you said before kissing him "Beside where would we leave to?" you both chuckled.

---

After that you both took your clothes back on and you sat down by the fireplace even so there was no fire.

"What a round" Five sat down next to you "Yeah" you nodded "It's like you always seem to surprise me with new moves every time" you looked at him and he send you a flirting smile.

"Do you remember that, uh, little mansion just outside the city limits. Where we--" he gave you a cup of water in a silver goblet.

You nodded your head in respons as you took the goblet "Yeah, I remember" you said and he let out a chuckled "Yeah, well, it turns out the wine cellar was untouched" he said "Was it?" you asked and he nodded "Yeah" he said "That sound good, we can take a glass tonight" you said "And then maybe we can..." but he stopped himself when you both heard something.

"I heard it too" you nodded and Five grabbed his rifle while you grabbed your gun before you turned towards the sound to see a woman with white hair, she was wearing a black dress, a gold bracelet, a little black hat, she had sunglasses on and was holding a black briefcase.

You pointed your weapons at her as she waved at you both with a smile.

Both you and Five kept your eyes on the woman as you lowers your weapons

"Who the hell are you?" Five asked "I'm here to help" the woman said and stepped closer "Tell me why I shouldn't put a bullet through your head right now!" Five said "Because...if you did, you wouldn't hear the offer I'm about to make you two" she put down the briefcase and took off her sunglasses.

"Which would be rather tragic, given your...current circumstances" she said and sat down on a brick while you lowered your gun.

"I work for an organization called the Commission. We are tasked with the preservation of the time continuum through manipulation and removals" she said "I don't understand" Five said.