4. A PROMISE

CHAPTER FOUR: A PROMISE

---

25 years ago (for you) 22 years(For Five).

Both you and Five was sitting next to each other in the library where you were living. It has being a year since you took off your goggles since the air was safe to breath now.

You were 20 and he was 21. You have being here for seven years now.  

Five had facial hair while your face look more like an adult now.  

"So what is your plan when you are home again?" Five suddenly asked you breaking the silence there was. 

"Well, I actually don't know" you looked down at your fingers.

"How about when we get out of here, you can live at the Academy?" you snapped your head to look at him.

"Why, I don't have any superpowers, I'm just ordinary" you said "Not to me. Beside there is more than enough rooms" he looked at you.

"What do you say about that?" he asked "What if your family don't like me?" you asked "They are gonna love you" he said "But I don't know your family, I only know them from what you told me and from what I have read in Vanya's book. But they don't know me, I'm just a stranger to them" you said "You're not a stranger to me. They will love you and if they don't, I will make them" he said and you let out a chuckled.

"So what do you say?" he asked and you looked at him before nodding causing him to smile.

You had never needed anyone before, you had been doing everything yourself for years. In just those years you have known him. Not only had he made you need him, but your souls combined. The part that destroyed you was the fact you did your best but still wasn't good enough but when you were with him, you felt wanted and you felt like you were good enough.

"Would we still be friends when we get out of here?" you asked "Of course, why would you ask this?" he asked "'Cause everything can happen" you said and he grabbed your hand "Y/n/n, I promise you that no matter what happens, we will always be friends, best friends. I would never leave you or let you down, you have my word" you stared into each other's eyes.

"I just don't want to be alone again, Five" you said "You would never be alone again" he moved closer to her "Everyone always leave me or let me down in the end" you said before you let out a sob.

"Y/n" he grabbed your hand again causing you to look at him.

"I'm not gonna leave you or let you down, ever. No matter how angry I am at you, no matter how angry you are at me, no matter how much we hate each other, I will never leave you, you will never feel alone again, I promise. I will always be here with you, no matter what, I promise" he said as he lifted up his hand and wipe away a small tear that have fallen from your eyes with his thumb.

"I promise you that you will never feel or being alone. I will always be right by your side. I will always support you and have your back through every situation. You will never have to go through anything alone, ever again. I promise" he said.

Five's face light up as he stared into your beautiful gentle Y/e/c eyes.

You were his sun, you are the only one who could turn his dark days into bright again and he did the same to you.

You were his hope and happiness. He needs you, you were keeping his sanity and you were giving him strength. Just like he did to you.

He wanted to be with you and you wanted to be with him. You both want to hold each other's hands to show that you are never leaving each other, 'cause you won't.