Chapter 73 - 85

Chapter 73

"Don't worry, I'll go find out the situation right away. It will be alright. How are you feeling?" Pei Jing looked at Zhi Xia's pale face worriedly and asked.

"I'm fine." Zhi Xia looked at him pleadingly, "I'll have to trouble you with my grandparents' matter. Thank you."

Pei Jing nodded. He was still somewhat worried about her, since her condition was far from good. "I'll ask Xiang Xiang to help you rest in her room first. When I come back, you can immediately know the news."

Afraid that she would disagree, Pei Jing said that.

Sure enough, Zhi Xia was most concerned about the old master and old madam. "Okay, Uncle Pei please go quickly. I'll go find Xiang Xiang myself."

Pei Xiang was the younger daughter of the second branch of the Pei family, one year younger than Zhi Xia. The two had met several times before.

Afraid that she would feel embarrassed coming to the house, Pei Jing had called out Pei Xiang to instruct her to take care of Zhi Xia before leaving.

After greeting Old Pei, Pei Xiang supported Zhi Xia back to the room and even poured her a glass of water.

"Thank you." She was quite uncomfortable at this time, so she didn't reject Pei Xiang's care.

"You're welcome, are you alright? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" Pei Xiang asked.

Zhi Xia shook her head. "No need, I was probably too anxious. I'll be fine after resting for a while."

Pei Xiang didn't force her either, she just exhorted her, "Then lie down and sleep on my bed for a while. If you really feel uncomfortable, call me. But don't force yourself to endure it."

Pei Xiang's kindness made the turmoil in Zhi Xia's heart fade a little. She smiled and responded.

Lying on the soft bed, Zhi Xia actually fell asleep.

In a daze, it seemed that someone was talking to her. She opened her eyes and saw two little dumplings rushing over to call her mother.

Zhi Xia was just about to reach out to pick up the little dumplings when they turned into nothingness the moment they fell into her arms.

Zhi Xia shook and woke up completely.

Opening her eyes, she saw her grandmother sitting by the bed looking at her.

Touching her cheek, the old lady asked, "Did you have a nightmare?"

"No." Zhi Xia shook her head, sat up from the bed, and said joyfully, "Grandma, you're back. Where's Grandpa?"

"He's outside talking to your Grandpa Pei." The old lady knew that today's events must have frightened Zhi Xia, so she quickly explained, "Zhi Xia, our family is fine. Don't worry either. Your grandpa and I went to claim some things, not to be called over for an interrogation."

Seeing the old lady's tearful eyes, Zhi Xia suddenly realized something.

What she had known in her previous life—not long before the founding of the country, when the An family still lived in the old house, a group of bandits broke into the An house to rob them, killing her aunt whom she had never met.

This incident had always been an unforgettable wound in the old lady's heart.

Later, she only heard that the group of bandits had been wiped out, and some of the An family's lost property had been recovered, but not all.

It seemed now that the missing ones must have been related to the Lin family, after all their notorious "Black Dragon Mountain" name was known to all back then.