Chapter 153 - 160

Chapter 153 Banquet

Linxiang County Princess not only made good friends with the noble daughters of the Jiuli clan, but also admired the talented women of the Han people. Making friends based on temperament and moral character, and not paying attention to family background. Her father was a founding hero, and he had quite a bit of face in the court, which made her like a fish back in water in Yanjing City. Even a thorn head like Bian Min'er could let her in as a confidant, it showed how skilful she was.

If she posted a tea party invitation, not only all the noble family's daughters would respond, but all the madams would happily attend. It was originally just a small gathering, but news passed quickly from mouth to mouth, in the end received many letters to ask for details. So it had to be changed to a banquet with a hundred tables, and all distinguished people were invited. The location was also moved from the County Prince Jing Mansion to an imperial manor in the eastern suburbs.

Dressed up, Guan Suyi was sitting in the carriage, holding two posts in her hands, and pondered as she looked closely, "First sending a post asking me to come to the mansion for a small gathering, and when I agree, send another post to change the location to imperial manor, and the scene is ten times larger than before. Jinzi, you say, this going back and forth, changing and changing, is it all prepared for me? Is it possible to invite so many people just to deal with me? Could it be that I thought wrong, and in fact, she just invited me to meet with no other purpose?"

Jinzi analyzed, "This Linxiang County Princess is a person with the principle no benefit, no getting up early. What she does and what friends she makes all has a purpose. She doesn't make friends with you early, and she doesn't make friends with you later, but choose at this time. Even if she doesn't come at you, there must be other purpose. You just need to be careful about everything. Fortunately, she used a roundabout way. Even if she tries to deal with you, at most just go around a few circles without really going anywhere and will not make trouble to the point of using knife and spear like that Bian Min'er."

Guan Suyi shook her head and chuckled, "In the past, I hated socialization the most. I was afraid of using knives and spear, and I was afraid of deceit and treachery. Just wished to shrink at home reading and writing all day, not to ask about the world, not to be stained by the world. Now that my temperament has changed, knowing that others might be tricking me, the first thing that comes to my mind is not to avoid, but to face it head on, as if fighting with people is endless fun. Jinzi, Minglan, why do you think this is?"

Before Jinzi could figure out how to respond, Minglan said bluntly, "Miss, you were dragged down by the emperor. If you never met him, where would you be forced to be like this?"

That's very reasonable answer that it was impossible to refute. Jinzi, who was going to defend His Majesty, thought and thought, but could only shut her mouth.

Guan Suyi leaned on the soft pillow, tapping the low table with one hand, and propped her forehead with the other, admiring the beautiful scenery through the fragrant bamboo curtain. Her eyes were blank, it's unknown what she was remembering, her every move was no longer dignified and decent, instead lazy and casual, and after a long time she waved her hand and said, "When you say this, I think about it for a long time, but I don't feel that I was harmed by him, rather it's my nature that has been ignited. What kind of person am I, how can I not know? Grandfather ordered me to study Confucianism, but I insisted to study Hundred Schools of Thought behind his back, which means that the restlessness is in my bone. Meeting Hunnar may be my predestined fate, but for now, it's not a bad thing. Without his forcing, I'll still be staying in the Zhao family as the nominal mistress. Wouldn't it be more pitiful and deplorable to waste my life like that?"