Chapter 177 - 182

Chapter 177 Beloved Son

The closer it was to the delivery date, the more pressure Guan Suyi felt, not from her own fear, but from outside rumors and persecution. Now everyone was looking forward for her to give birth to a son in one fell swoop, as if the whole Wei Kingdom's prosperity were all pinned on her belly. Even the empress dowager, who usually didn't like setting foot outside, visited Jiaofang Palace many times. She appeared to be kind, but in fact, she sinisterly urged her to protect the dragon's fetus and to give birth to the eldest son for the emperor.

If Guan Suyi was not a reborn person, if she had never experienced all kinds of hardships and thus became stronger, at this time she would be extremely restless, could not sleep and eat, for fear that her belly would disappoint and give birth to a baby girl. However, she understood the pain of losing her lifeblood, so she cherishes everything now. Whether this child was a son or a daughter, it was a favor from heaven and the most precious gift. It was impossible for her not to feel grateful, so how could she dislike it.

Facing everyone's ardent expectations, or vicious curses, she survived until the ninth month, and one day, she had a contraction in the early morning.

Recently Emperor Sheng Yuan had been very nervous and slept very lightly at night, afraid that his wife and child would have an accident. During the day he was not calm, even if he was in court or dealing with government affairs, he would make Jinzi report Madam's condition every half an hour. Not to mention on his free time, he almost glued himself to Madam, not allowing her to take half a step away from him.

Whenever he saw her walking back and forth in the palace with her huge belly, he would be worried, and occasionally he would have the idea of ​​never letting Madam have a child again. From the initial vomit, to her swollen legs and sleepless nights, she suffered too many pains and suffered too many hardships. In the end, she still had a life-and-death crisis to overcome.

Because of the anxiety in his heart, he woke up the moment Madam had a contraction, and ran out to call someone in panic. Fortunately, several imperial physicians were all on standby in Jiaofang Hall, and immediately arranged the delivery room and let people carry the empress in.

Emperor Sheng Yuan's robes were messy and his face was pale. When hearing Madam's painful moaning, he almost rushed into the delivery room several times, but was stopped by Jinzi and Baifu. Empress Dowager and the others came to visit Jiaofang Palace with lanterns one after another, their faces looked anxious, but it's unknown what they were really thinking.

"Your Majesty, go back and change your clothes first. Heaven helps the worthy, niangniang and the little prince will be safe and sound." Shen Jieyu comforted softly.

Emperor Sheng Yuan was reluctant to leave even one step, but he would not appear disheveled in front of other women. He asked Baifu to fetch a robe and put it on the spot. His strong and powerful body was wrapped in black dark coat, his broad shoulders and lean waist, tall and straight posture gave people a great sense of deterrence.

Where the concubines still had time to pay attention to the empress, they all glanced at him one by one, feeling more and more regretful for their foolishness of avoiding him. Fortunately, Emperor Sheng Yuan was staring at the delivery room, and had no time to talk to others, otherwise he would definitely drive away all those women whose mind was not in the right place.

As the night faded and the first rays of morning light appeared, Madam's groaning didn't stop at all, instead it became more and more mournful. He couldn't help walking back and forth at the door, almost breaking a few holes on the floor with his steps.