Chapter 13 - 19

Chapter 13

Chao Yue looked at the fire in the stove and asked Zhu'er to keep an eye on it. She wiped her hands and walked out of the kitchen.

The drizzle was still falling, a little denser than in the early morning.

She picked up the umbrella placed by the door, opened it, and walked towards the central house in small steps.

Chao Yun wiped all the rooms except for the inner and side room, and was so busy that her face turned red and her cheeks were sweating. When she saw her sister appearing at the door, she made a silent gesture, and then walked over with a copper basin. The two maids sat on a small bench and whispered under the eaves.

Chao Yue glanced in the direction of the inner room worriedly: "Princess hasn't woken up yet? The porridge in the pot has been cook for so long, it's almost getting thick."

Chao Yun smiled, picked up the towel from the copper basin, and wiped her face first.

Her complexion was fair, but at this time it was a little blue under her eyes.

Chao Yue was concerned about her again: "You didn't sleep last night, right?"

Chao Yun nodded.

There used to be four senior maids around the princess. When they were in the capital, the four of them took turns to keep night watch. Now only she and Chao Yue came to Lingzhou. Chao Yue was tired enough from being responsible for three meals a day, so the matter of keeping night watch was completely handed over to Chao Yun. Chao Yue had not been on night watch for so long, and coupled with the fact that the princess and prince consort were not diligent in that aspect when they were in the capital, so it was naturally difficult to guess the truth.

Considering that the prince consort was still in mourning, Chao Yun hesitated for a while and decided to hide the matter, not even telling her good sister who would never reveal the secret.

Just thinking about the noise she heard last night made Chao Yun's face feel hot.

Suddenly, a clear ringing sound came from the room.

The princess has wake up!

The two maids looked at each other, Chao Yue went back to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, and asked Zhu'er to go to the water room to bring water, while Chao Yun entered the inner room with a pot of tea.

After putting down the teapot, Chao Yun came to Babu bed and skillfully lifted up the outer gauze curtain.

Hua Yang lay weakly on her back, lazily unable to exert any energy.

She looked at Chao Yun, then at the closed carved window in the distance.

The light outside the window was dim, and Hua Yang was a little confused: "Is it dusk?"

She vaguely remembered that Chen Jingzong wanted to hug her when he got up in the morning. After she chased him away, she fell asleep again. Could it be that she had slept all day?

Chao Yun smiled and said: "It's just Sishi (9-11 am), but it's raining and the house is dark."

Hua Yang understood and asked again: "Where is Prince Consort?"

Chao Yun's face became slightly complicated: "Prince Consort went to the garden. He was not afraid of the rain, saying that he wanted to take advantage of the cool weather today to finish all the remaining work."

How could there be such prince consort? After all, he was also the fourth young master of Cabinet Elder, but he behaved like a servant doing menial work and was not particular at all.