Chapter 33 - 40

Chapter 33 Agreement

Li shi had an explosive temperament. Hearing the rumors, she immediately spit, "Bah! Just a dog who relies on its master's power!"

Qin Lingyun coughed, then winked at his sister-in-law, reminding her that the emperor was here, even if she was beating the dog, she had to look at the master. Of course, if the emperor was not there, she could scold whatever she wanted. In the final analysis, his perception of Ye Jieyu was also very bad. She swayed when she walked, as if she would faint at any moment, and when he talked left and right with her, it's not straightforward at all. Compared with Guan Suyi, it was really one in the sky and one on the ground. However, the emperor liked it, and there was no room for others to open their mouths.

Guan Suyi patted the back of Li shi's hand lightly, and said in a gentle and soothing tone, "Sister, don't be angry, it's just bitten by a dog, we don't need to bite back." Because there is naturally a stick to deal with her later.

Qin Lingyun spit out a sip of hot tea with a squirt. Unexpectedly, Guan Suyi's words were more poisonous than Li shi, he couldn't help but look at the emperor.

Emperor Sheng Yuan was equally astonished, not knowing how to react. No matter how much Ye Jieyu indulged her family, after all she was nominally his concubine, but now she was compared to a dog. Even if Marquis Zhenbei madam had a prominent background, she had to bear the charge of slandering the imperial family. However, he couldn't get angry, and after thinking about it again and again, he also laughed quietly.

Li shi originally wanted to laugh, but because the real god was here, she had to endured. Now that she saw the real god was also laughing, she clasped her hands and smiled, "Yes, yes, there is absolutely no reason to compete with beasts."

Other people suggested that Ye Jieyu is a dog, but when it come to you, it directly changed into a beast. You are really capable! Qin Lingyun was delighted with his sister-in-law's boorish and straightforward attitude. For fear that the emperor would be annoyed, he glanced at his expression again and again, but saw that he was staring at Marquis Zhenbei madam's veil hat floating with the wind, not knowing what he was thinking.

Fortunately, the gongs and drums sounded in unison downstairs, and the battle of words was about to start, which interrupted the discussion of the crowd. Xu Guangzhi and his opponent walked onto the high platform covered with red carpet together, picked up the brush, and each wrote the sentences – govern by law, govern by benevolence.

"After fighting for nine days, finally talked about the fundamentals of Confucianism and Legalism. Presumably the answer to this question, from the master of the country down to the common people, has argue in their hearts, but it also confused them." Guan Suyi raised both hands and clapped her hands lightly.

"Guess who's going to win?" Qin Lingyun took out a Buddhist bead, then pointed to the chair beside him, and put on a "generous" posture, "Hunnar, you don't have to be rigid when you walk outside, just sit."

"Thank you, master." Emperor Sheng Yuan clasped his fists in a dignified manner, then sat down next to Marquis Zhenbei madam and asked, "What does this question mean?

"Govern is to govern the country. The Legalists advocate severe punishment and harsh law, and the Confucians advocate benevolence and understanding. One is tight and one is loose, one is strict and one is wide, and which one is better or worse, who can lead the country to prosperity, this is the focus of the battle between Legalism and Confucianism. In a chaotic world, sever laws should be used, and at the prosperous world we should go with benevolent governance. While the chaotic times of the Wei Kingdom have just passed, the prosperous times has not been reached, and it is even more necessary to have an accurate measurement between strict laws and benevolent. However, the degree of leniency and severity of laws are only issues that the rulers need to consider, and ordinary people have no right to decide, and it is even more difficult to achieve. However, the common people have suffered enough from the war and are naturally more inclined to live a stable and peaceful life, so their desire for benevolent governance and the support of the wise Holy Lord have never been higher. It should be Xu Guangzhi who won the victory."