Chapter 90 - 96

Chapter 90

As the chief minister, Chen Tingjian focused most of his energy on state affairs, but at dusk on the last day of every month, he would call his three sons to the study to inquire about their officials' job.

Today was no exception.

The little maid came to the west courtyard and sent messages to the eldest master, third master, and prince consort in turn.

Chen Bozong was the first to arrive in front of the moon gate leading from the west courtyard to the main courtyard. Not long after, Chen Xiaozong also arrived.

The winter wind in the capital was very strong. Even though the brothers were dressed warmly, their exposed faces were almost stiff from the wind.

Chen Xiaozong stamped his feet, looked at Siyi Hall and said, "Why is the Fourth Brother so slow?"

Even if their courtyards were closer and they got the news first, the Old Four shouldn't be delayed for too long.

Chen Bozong was silent.

At this time, a dark shadow suddenly appeared in the corridor in the distance. The two brothers looked at it together, and their handsome faces that were half or sixty percent similar froze at the same time.

Chen Bozong was still fine, but the corners of Chen Xiaozong's mouth twitched and he cursed indistinctly.

Chen Jingzong, wearing the elegant and luxurious fox fur cloak, walked to his two brothers calmly.

Chen Bozong looked at his younger brother, turned around and walked forward.

Chen Xiaozong walked side by side with his younger brother, casting his eyes on the jet-black cloak several times. Finally he couldn't hold back and said while clicking his tongue: "Princess treats you very well."

Chen Jingzong: "Why, do you think only you two deserve Eldest Sister-in-law and Third Sister-in-law's pampering, but I am not worthy of the Princess' care?"

Chen Xiaozong: "You deserve it, you deserve it more than anyone else."

Chen Bozong said without looking back: "The Princess treats you well, that is your blessing, but you should not be too ostentatious."

Chen Jingzong: "What do you mean ostentation? I only wear it on the road in the morning and evening. It's pitch black that the people passing by would think there was no one on the horse."

Chen Xiaozong: "Aren't you wearing it today?"

Chen Jingzong: "I didn't go out."

Chen Xiaozong: "You still know that you won't go out, and in our family, you're the least afraid of the cold. Then you dress up like this for these few steps, are you deliberately showing off to us?"

Chen Jingzong: "If you're jealous, just say so. When the Princess gives me a new one next year, I will give you this one."

Chen Xiaozong really wanted to beat this younger brother, but unfortunately, as early as when his younger brother was seven or eight years old, he, this elder brother, could not take advantage of him at all.

The two brothers were bickering on the way, but as soon as they entered Chunhe Hall, they were like Chen Bozong, silent as a mountain.

Chen Tingjian was in the study, and Sun shi came out of the main room when she heard that her sons had arrived. Although they all lived in the same house, the sons were busy with errands and did not spend much time together.