Chapter 356 - 365

Chapter 356

"I didn't do it on purpose either, it's just... I heard that Pei Xiang could get things from her for free, and it wasn't even about the money for me. I was just upset, and I told the clerk I was her niece but they didn't believe me. So I just acted rashly without thinking it through..." Pei Shuangshuang finally came to her senses after going out with her friends.

She was already in a bad mood that day, and after having a few drinks, she wouldn't have been so arrogant under normal circumstances.

In addition, when Pei Xiang's brand was mentioned, her friends all had looks on their faces like "since she's your relative, can you get us a discount?", which made her remember that Pei Xiang could get things for free. So she impulsively promised them she could.

But that clerk didn't give her any face at all, and with her good friends there watching, plus the alcohol, things just spiraled out of control.

Wang Yue thought for a moment and advised her, "You still need to get your dad to resolve this. Hurry up and go find him to take you to formally apologize. No matter what, just have a good attitude and don't let this blow up."

She knew clearly in her heart that with Pei Yong not around, no one else in the Pei family would pay any attention to her and her daughter. And since it was Pei Shuangshuang's fault, if things really escalated it would be bad for them.

"Okay, I'll go now." Pei Shuangshuang ran off in a panic.

Wang Yue stamped her feet in frustration, asked for time off work, and also prepared to follow along to see what would happen.

But when she arrived at Pei Yong's place, she found out that Pei Shuangshuang had not come to see Pei Yong at all.

Because Pei Shuangshuang had been caught on her way over.

At that time, Zhi Xia had just seen the police officers out. When Xu Jiamei looked up and saw Pei Shuangshuang running over, she immediately pointed her out.

She was caught red-handed and taken directly to the police station, without even a chance to talk her way out of it.

Provoking trouble and assaulting people, plus the damaged merchandise at the store was no small sum either. With all these charges pinned on her, Pei Shuangshuang was looking at having to pay compensation.

Zhi Xia comforted Xu Jiamei and told her to go to the hospital to get her facial injuries appraised.

She also had the store employees tidy up the mess and take all damaged goods off the shelves, replacing them with new items. Qiao Yan pursued a high-end approach and absolutely could not allow flawed products to exist.

By the time she returned home, the children's little friends who had come over for their birthday party had already gone back. Aunt Zhang had also cleaned up the whole house.

Seeing Zhi Xia return, Aunt Zhang hurriedly asked in concern, "Zhi Xia ah, what happened? Nothing serious I hope?"

"It's fine. Some people caused trouble but they've been caught. They're at the police station now."

"That's good they were caught, that's good they were caught." Only then did Aunt Zhang feel relieved. She cursed, "I say, don't these useless kids have nothing better to do, going around smashing other people's shops for no reason? They really have too much free time and have to go make trouble for themselves!"

"It was Pei Shuangshuang who did it."

When Zhi Xia spoke these words, Aunt Zhang instantly fell silent, gaping in shock. "Shuangshuang? Why?"