Chapter 17 - 24

Chapter 17 Clever Tongue

A thick red seal was stuffed to the eunuch. Sun shi called her daughter-in-law to the main courtyard to speak. Except for Zhao Wangshu, who was in bed due to injury, the other masters also came. No matter what they thought, they all showed a happy appearance.

Sun shi carefully stroked the red imperial court dress, and sighed, "This patchwork is so exquisitely embroidered, it must look good on." Zhao Chunxi stood by the side and looked at it silently, her eyes hid some envy, but also overflowed with longing and admiration. First-rank title, except for the imperial concubine, this was probably the highest reward that a woman of Wei could get. How could Guan Suyi get it?

She wanted to tell herself that Guan Suyi get it because of her father's light, but she felt even more bitter when thinking of the old madam who was overlooked by the emperor alone.

The servants below rolled their eyes, thinking that Guan shi also said that the glory of the Guan family had nothing to do with the Marquis Mansion, so did this granted title have nothing to do with the Marquis Mansion? If she didn't marry lord marquis, could she become a first-rank madam? Before the triumphant expression appeared, they heard the sound of congratulations from outside the courtyard. It turned out that the Guan family's steward woman came bringing gifts. Corals, jade, and antiques were all imperial gifts, and their preciousness was staggering. Before leaving, the steward still said, "The old master and the master came to the palace specially to ask for this first rank title. Miss, if you are wronged in the future, just go back and tell them and they will be the masters for you. Old madam, please don't blame them and be lenient, the Guan family now has only one seedling which is miss here, of course they will protect her tightly. Please bear with it."

Although Sun shi was unhappy, she did not dare to show it, even saying that it's okay, the in-laws was thinking too much, and so on.

It turned out that this first rank title was requested by the Guan family? That's right, if it's because of Lord Marquis, then the old madam should be conferred first. The mistresses of the other Marquis Mansion all have already been granted title, but the old madam did not. Was it possible that the emperor had forgotten about the Marquis Zhenbei Mansion alone? Alas, it seems that the friendship between Lord Marquis and the emperor is nothing more than this! Thinking of this, the stewards who straightened their backs a little bit buckled again, standing at the door with low eyebrows and waiting for the admonishment. Guan Suyi didn't open her mouth to let them go, but none of them dared to move.

After sending off the Guan family's people, Sun shi interest was greatly reduced, and she returned the imperial court dress to her daughter-in-law so that she could keep it properly. Zhao Luli was speechless the whole time, flipping through the "Records of Noble Family" in his hand that he get from Mingfang, his face was very ugly. He always thought that the Marquis Zhenbei Mansion was a direct descendant of the Zhao family in Tianshui, but who would have thought that they were actually after a runaway slave. At that time his father rushed over to recognized relatives, and he was probably very humiliated.

How come the Marquis Mansion seemed to have been stripped several layers of skin after Guan shi came, and it was painful and embarrassing? He was in a bad mood, slammed shut the book, then saw the author's name printed in the lower left corner, and his eyes could not help feeling stabbed ruthlessly. Zuo Boxiong, the ancestor of the Zuo shi, which was also great ancestors for Guan Suyi. He served the Kings of Qi, Chu, and Qin successively. He was a historian whose name has passed through the ages, and his reputation was even higher than Zuo Dingxiang. This "Records of Noble Family" was actually written by him, it's no wonder that Guan Suyi had it at her fingertips.