Chapter 136 - 144

Chapter 136 Literary War

As soon as she started writing, Guan Suyi couldn't stop, so she had to tie a small sandbag to Mu Mu and let him sit next to her to practice calligraphy. Mu Mu was very well-behaved, neither disturb nor noisy. When it was time for dinner, he even urged his sister to eat, for fear that she would exhaust her body.

Old Master Guan and Guan Father were not at ease at first, and ran to the study to take a look a few times, and only after reading the first page of the manuscript did they no longer bother her again.

"Although the mind is a little off, but the knowledge is greatly improved. Good!" Old Master Guan stroked his beard with a gratified expression on his face. Guan Father shook his head and smiled bitterly, didn't say anything. Where is his daughter's mind is a little off? She was about to jump into the fire pit!

Guan Suyi wrote for half a month before stop writing, checked the manuscript, polished it slightly, and then copied it several times, and let Jinzi took it to the literary notice to post it there.

"Miss, why didn't you ask someone to transcribe it and instead paste your manuscript directly? Your handwriting is well known to all scholars in Yanjing. If you publicize it like this, you will become very famous!" Jinzi pointed her finger to the signature and pointed out, "Because of the previous article "The Law of the People", the Innkeeper became highly respected by the people, words and talents are not under Xu Guangzhi. When everyone finds out that the Innkeeper is you, I am afraid it will attract a lot of criticism."

"Post it, I'm the Innkeeper and the Innkeeper is me, others can say whatever they want." Guan Suyi washed off the ink on her fingertips and spoke carelessly.

When Jinzi got the definite order, she left with the manuscript, bribed the guards who guarded the public notice, and posted her master's article. Only in a few moments it attracted a large number of people to stop and watch.

"Am I not mistaken? This is actually the masterpiece of the Innkeeper? Hurry up, hurry up, go to the bookstore to buy a brush and paper, and copy it down!" Only seeing the signature, before even reading the full text, some scholars hurriedly bought paper and writing brush. Yet many more remained, initially skeptical and then ecstatic.

The article really adhered to the legacy of the "Law of the People" and continued to oppose Xu Guangzhi. In the first sentence of the opening chapter, she directly reprimanded Xu Guangzhi for interpreting the words of the Sage with his own personal opinions, which was a big taboo. He forced his own academic views into the minds of students all over the world, making them lost their literary way; The next point was to clarify all his omissions, and to examine them with profound knowledge.

Everyone at the time knew that the Innkeeper had a deep knowledge in history, and her annotations of Confucian classics strictly followed the principle of "interpreting the scriptures with scriptures", with little personal opinion. If there were some confusions, she then implored all the great scholars to correct them. She welcomed criticism towards her article from people all over the world, and said that only in this way was the most rigorous learning attitude, rather than the words of one group became commonplace, so that the virtue of the Sage were reduced and diminished and eventually disappear.

At her concluding remarks, she pointed out that Xu Guangzhi was not annotating Confucian classics, but used Confucian classics to annotate his own thoughts. If the "Subset Commentary" circulated for a long time, what future generations would learn was no longer the thinking of Confucius and Mencius, but the thinking of Xu shi, and what they understand was not the words of the Sage, but the words of Xu shi. Xu shi's vain attempt to usurp the Sage's position, changed the Sage's words, and gain the reputation of "teacher of the world" was really just trying to gain fame for himself!