Chapter 344 - 355

Chapter 344

"It's not that long, look, Chenye and Wanqing are already 9 years old this year. Maybe in a few more years, they will leave us. Time passes quickly. In the blink of an eye, the children have grown up."

Pei Jing listened to her chatter about some trivial family affairs as they walked hand in hand in the dusk, the setting sun infinitely lengthening their shadows.

When they returned home, before they entered the yard, they could hear people talking inside the house.

Knowing that summer secretly frowned and tilted her head towards Pei Jing, "Your nice big nephew is really filial. Every time you come back, he comes to visit you with his wife. But his wife this time is someone new. Don't be too surprised later."

Pei Jing already knew about Pei JianGuo's affairs. Hearing the obvious sarcasm in Know Summer's tone, he frowned, "Did he upset you again? Or his wife?"

"I wouldn't say he upset me, I just don't want to get too close with small-minded people, in case I can't keep my wife and they blame me for badmouthing them behind their backs." Know Summer said, "Anyway, I don't dare to meddle with your big nephew's affairs. You can deal with your Pei family members yourself."

After Know Summer had finished speaking, she left. Pei Jing watched her cheerful back before walking into the living room.

"Little uncle, you're back," Pei JianGuo said, seeing Pei Jing come in, with a smiling face. "I just heard from my dad that you were back, so I came to see you."

Compared to his cheerful voice, Lu Keqin was obviously much quieter. She stood up politely and called out, "Hello, little uncle. I'm Lu Keqin."

Although this was Pei JianGuo's second marriage, it was her first.

At first, he had coaxed her into getting a marriage certificate with him. They had originally agreed to have a wedding ceremony, but Pei JianGuo kept making excuses, almost exhausting Lu Keqin's patience.

Even Wang Yue, who had been kind to her before the registration, started finding fault with her after the registration.

Lu Keqin was no pushover. She called over several younger brothers from her maternal family, all half grown lads, right at that fiery age. They gave Pei JianGuo a good beating before she managed to gain a wedding ceremony for herself.

But when it came to the wedding day, she discovered that they had simply set up two tables at the government canteen. The only people from the Pei family who showed up were Pei Yong and Pei Sheng.

Pei JianGuo was always boasting about how good his little uncle was. He said it was understandable that his uncle couldn't attend their wedding since he wasn't home. But his little aunt was always at home, yet she only helped to give a monetary gift. She didn't even show her face, let alone give the new daughter-in-law the customary money to change how she addressed her in-laws and gifts when first meeting.

Lu Keqin's family circumstances were also pretty good. She didn't think much about material things, but when chattering girlfriends asked about this, the comparisons always made her lose face.

She had deliberately come with Pei JianGuo today to take a look at what this "very good" little uncle he always boasted about actually looked like.

At first glance, she felt an obvious contrast.

The man before her was tall and straight, still exuding an oppressive aura even in casual clothes that made it obvious he was a very capable man who had been in a high position for a long time.