Chapter 9 - 16

Chapter 9 - Bridal Chamber

In the previous life, because her grandfather lost his standing and his father's hopelessness in becoming an official, Guan's family had little foothold in Yanjing, but suddenly she was favored by Marquis Zhenbei and married in with the ceremony of official wife, which greatly eased the family's plight. Guan Suyi's mood was sincere and fearful, as if walking on thin ice, for fear that she would do something wrong which lead to disgust. After Zhao Luli left, she sat blankly, even if she was hungry and dizzy, she did not dare to touch the food on the table.

She would always remember the confusion and helplessness that suddenly rose from the bottom of her heart when the pale golden warm sun shone on her hungry and cold body the next morning. Since then, she had a premonition of her sad and ridiculous second half of her life.

In this life, without the sincerity and fear, without walking on thin ice, and without the hope and expectation of married life, Guan Suyi felt extraordinarily at ease. Taking off the wedding gown, removing the hairpin, and washing off the powder, she sat by the table and ate slowly, and handed out a few dishes to the joy matron and the maid outside so they could eat at the side room next door.

Minglan and Mingfang also got a snack table, but they didn't dare to move their chopsticks, feeling entangled, "Miss, you will have a bridal chamber later, don't eat too much. Beside, if the master sees you eat up all the dishes, I'm afraid he will think you... think you..."

Guan Suyi interrupted the two with a smile, "What will he think of me? Greedy? Don't worry, your master has a big heart and won't care about it." Zhao Luli was a man with the biggest heart she ever met. The man wore a bright green hat on his head, not only was he not ashamed, he was proud of it, and for fear that he wore it not firm enough, he would buckle it on his head from time to time. He was Ye Zhen's dog, told him to go east and he would not dare go west, even if he was thrown away carelessly, he still would unswervingly wait, and when he saw a little bit of hope, he rushed forward desperately.

He had exhausted all his affection for Ye Zhen, so he could be vicious to others to the end. Even his own flesh and blood, as long as they didn't crawl out of Ye Zhen's belly, they would be killed without hesitation.

In this life, Guan Suyi didn't want to get involved with him, but since she was unable to resist, she quickly figured it out. Staying in Marquis Zhenbeihou Mansion was much more comfortable than being a nun. There was no need to eat vegetarian food, nor abide by the precepts. On weekdays, she could enjoy flowers, write, and read, it was very free. If she married an unfamiliar person, it's still unknown what would happened in the future, but she understood that for the husband to take concubine, managing the back house, getting jealous, and deceitful things would definitely be indispensable. Instead of lived a lifetime muddleheadedly like that, it's actually better not to reborn again.

It seems that God refuses to let you and me go, then continue to fight to death in this life. Guan Suyi curled her lips, her eyes were a little chilly.

Minglan and Mingfang knew that their mistress had always have her own idea since she was young, so they didn't dare to persuade her too much, and restlessly ate all the food on the small table. After half an hour, the sound of clamoring outside gradually disappeared. They assumed that the banquet was almost over. They immediately cleaned up the dishes and wiped off the greasy mouth for their mistress.

Guan Suyi put her knees together, half sitting on the edge of the couch, her hair scattered like a waterfall, her delicate face half hidden by the hair, made her lips even more red and her teeth look brighter. As soon as Zhao Lulifu pushed open the door, what he saw was this scene, and his heart jumped slightly. Everyone has the love of beauty, and even if the infatuation in this life had been spent on one person, he couldn't deny how excellence and outstanding his newlywed wife was.