Chapter 95 - 102

Chapter 95 Heart Demon

Guan Suyi was stunned after just a quick glance. If this person didn't take off his clothes, she would have never imagine what kind of trauma this body had suffered underneath the gorgeous robe.

He was indeed tall and majestic, and every bulging muscle contained terrifying power, but in addition to this, there were also scars intertwined over it, one by one, one after another, healed and injured, injured again then healed again. The so-called "cuts and bruises all over the body" was exactly this.

He had the deepest and deadliest scar on his left chest, which could be distinguished with the naked eye alone. At the beginning of the injury, it must have reached the heart and he almost died.

"You, aren't you the young patriarch of the Jiuli clan?" Guan Suyi felt that she could hardly breathe, and she perfectly aware that she shouldn't see things that don't conform to etiquette, but she couldn't look away no matter what.

"Young patriarch? How is that possible! That's just the gold that was put on Zhen's face by the courtiers after Zhen ascended the throne. You people from Central Plains likes a good face, whoever becomes the emperor has to make up an extraordinary origin and reputation." Emperor Sheng Yuan's eyes were dark and his expression was in a trance, as if he was remembering something.

"Madam, look at this," he pointed to the scars on his left shoulder, "this is the scar left over from fighting with a lone wolf for food when Zhen was five years old. Due to the summer heat and mosquito bites, it festered for a month or two before gradually healed. And here, this is from the first time Zhen have been on the battlefield, and was slashed open by the enemy..."

He ran through them down one by one, each one was a piece of unforgettable pain, and each one was an unimaginable life and death situation. Guan Suyi thought it was a miracle that he could stand here calmly and recalled the past with her.

"How about this scar? Is it the most dangerous one?" Guan Suyi clearly didn't want to respond, but it was difficult to restrain the pain and concern in her heart.

Emperor Sheng Yuan was silent for a long time before he said in dumb voice, "This is when Zhen stabbed oneself."

Guan Suyi looked at him in horror, it was hard to imagine that a tyrant with heart as strong as iron and incomparable valiant like him would have the idea to kill himself. Why? What kind of tragic thing happened that made him so desperate that he didn't even have the courage to live?

Emperor Sheng Yuan gently stroked the corners of her reddish eyes, and laughed in a deep voice, "Madam, it was you who saved Zhen. If it wasn't for you, this stab would be nothing, maybe in the future Zhen would still stab a second, third, or multiple times until Zhen kill oneself."

Guan Suyi's face was pale, she wanted to ask but didn't dare to. Her intuition told her that behind this fatal scar, there must be a deadly secret buried in it, and she was definitely not qualified to know. However, even if she didn't ask, Emperor Sheng Yuan had already made up his mind to tell her everything.

"Speaking of which, Zhen's life experience is not a secret. The entire Jiuli clan knows it. If the Han courtiers want to inquire, they should also know a thing or two." He walked around the room without his shirt. As if remembering something, he handed over a piece of wood covered in silk cloth, and commanded softly, "Madam, open it and take a look."

"This is a picture of hell?" Guan Suyi looked puzzled.

On the wooden board was a painting with extremely strong colors. In the center of the painting lies a woman with loose hair and a machete in her hand. A Rakshasa demon with green face and fangs cut through her towering belly and crawled out with a few pieces of intestines to suck the blood from her wrist. Blood, there was blood everywhere, and a large area of red was like flames burning the eyes of the onlookers, making people felt extremely uncomfortable and felt creepy at the same time.