Chapter 83 - 89

Chapter 83

Tonight's Mid-Autumn Palace banquet was divided into two places. Emperor Jingshun entertained hundreds of officials at the Meridian Gate, while Empress Qi entertained the womenfolk at the Imperial Garden.

In the evening, a bright moon rose slowly from the horizon, shining brilliantly like a jade plate, faintly resembling the moon palace with cassia trees.

In the Imperial Garden, Empress Qi was sitting on the main throne in a gorgeous dress. On the left were Concubine Lin and other favored concubines. On the right were Princess Anle, Hua Yang, Nan Kang and other imperial clan members. Relatives such as Old Madam Qi, Sun shi and others were seated farther away.

In the open space between the seats on both sides, singers danced to melodious and lively songs.

Hua Yang had participated in many such palace banquets since she was a child.

However, tonight was a bit special. It was the first palace banquet she attended after her rebirth. At this time, her father was still alive, and both Chen Jingzong and her father-in-law were fine.

Hua Yang looked at the full moon in the sky and thought that this was the real reunion.

She hoped that everything would go smoothly, hoped that her father would not die suddenly next year, and Prince Yu would not dare to rebel, that way Chen Jingzong would not have to rush to the battlefield again.

"What are you looking at, Panpan?"

Princess Anle, who was sitting on her left, observed for a long time. Her niece was even more beautiful than the moon, but why did she feel that her niece seemed a little sad?

Hua Yang came back to her senses and looked at her aunt. She chuckled and said, "I wonder if Chang'e is really the only one in the Moon Palace. If so, even if she lives forever, it would be too lonely."

Princess Anle understood that her kind-hearted niece was worried about Chang'e!

She smiled and said: "There are so many immortals in the sky. If Chang'e really feels lonely, with her beauty, she can hook her little hand at any male immortal and have fun in the moon palace. How can it be as miserable as you think."

Hua Yang:...

In terms of obscenity, she actually didn't know who should be ranked first, Chen Jingzong or her aunt.

Princess Nan Kang listened for a while and glanced at Hua Yang inquiringly.

Only people who are unhappy with their lives would wonder if Chang'e was lonely. If their lives were comfortable, they would only appreciate the beauty of the moonlight.

Hua Yang was so favored by father emperor, what could she be unhappy about?

Princess Nan Kang soon thought of Hua Yang's prince consort, Chen Jingzong.

Cabinet Elder Chen had always been powerful. First he was the deputy of chief minister and now became he was the chief minister. However, the foundation of the Chen family was too shallow. Chen Jingzong was different from his two brothers above. It was said that he stayed in their hometown in Lingzhou from the age of ten to eighteen, so he could be considered a rough country man with no literary skills. It was only because of Cabinet Elder Chen that he found a job with father emperor. And because Empress Qi wanted to win over Cabinet Elder Chen, he conveniently became Hua Yang's prince consort.

Hua Yang had eye higher than head and thought too highly of herself. How could she stand a rough guy like Chen Jingzong?

"Sister's tone is like that of a fairy who longed for the mortal world. Could it be that Sister has a rift with your Prince Consort recently, so tonight's moonlight stirred up melancholy feeling?"