Chapter 391 - 401

Chapter 391

Unfortunately Pei Jing and them were not there and did not see this wonderful scene.

In the hotel lobby, a naked woman was being dragged out by her hair by several people, while a disheveled man warily looked this way and then sneakily slipped away when no one was paying attention.

The naked woman, however, was pressed to the ground and whipped and reviled, and no one nearby was willing to go up and help.

Fortunately, in the last two years the political winds had not been too tight, otherwise if this had happened a few years ago, someone who did something like being a mistress would have been paraded through the streets and beaten.

Now when the original wife tracked her down, beating her up was getting off easy.

Old Master and Old Madam knew nothing of this as they had been out late with the children, buying many things and secretly putting them into the space, without any burden at all. After they finished shopping they even ate a late night snack.

They found a nearby hotel to stay the night, and slept until noon the next day.

When they went out, they happened to run into someone selling newspapers, and heard there was fresh gossip that many people were scrambling for.

Old Master conveniently bought one, and saw a huge headline in thick black letters, clearly visible.

Last night someone was caught cheating by his original wife at a certain hotel, mistress was pressed naked to the ground and rubbed on the floor! Underneath was a blurry black and white photo.

This photo made Old Master's eyes clearly light up, and she turned and showed it to Pei Jing, "Pei Jing, don't you think this person looks a little familiar?"

Her onion-white fingers pointed at the person in the picture, her eyes full of gossip.

She would not have taken such delight in misfortune if it was someone else, but Zhang Lin was getting what she deserved.

Pei Jing's mouth curved up imperceptibly as he took the newspaper and folded it up, "Don't let things like this dirty your eyes, the children are here."

Although the photo was blurred and censored, the older children understood what was going on.

In the end, this incident was just an interlude in their journey, though somewhat annoying, it was not enough to affect their mood.

Since they got up too late, they missed the flag raising ceremony, but the majesty of the Imperial Palace and the historic environment all made the children feel it was fresh and new.

Old Master and Old Madam each held a camera, constantly taking pictures of them along the way.

They stayed in Beijing for a total of one week, spending the last two days not going anywhere, because they had played so crazily the previous days that their feet were nearly blistered, so they simply rested for the final two days.

By the time they returned to Jin City, it was already the twenty-fifth day of the twelfth lunar month.

As soon as they got home, Pei Jing changed clothes, "I'll go next door to see Old Master and Old Madam first, then I'll return to my troops. I won't go to my parents' place for now, you can explain it to them when you go to An's family, and I'll go see them when I come back in a few days."

"Is it urgent?" Old Master asked, seeing his anxious appearance.

"It's not too urgent, I just want to go take a look, and I'll come back to accompany you guys for New Year's in a few days." He smiled at her, and stole a kiss on her cheek while the children were not around.