Lost and Found pt.3

Somewhere in England

Phil's POV

I leave my flat at 7:25 each morning to make it on time for my 7:30 shift at the coffee shop a few blocks down.

I was expecting another simple morning. Another morning commute, another rush hour for espresso shots.

And that's what I got. Nothing new. 

Except for when Bryony invited me to have lunch with her. I called her on my break: "I'll meet you for Indian food at 13:30, how does that sound?"

I saw her in the back of the restaurant, looking quite small and lonely in the large booth. I said hello when I sat down. I hadn't seen her in a few weeks, as she'd been living in the suburbs of Manchester.

She got to talking when she remembered why she had invited me. "By the way, I've been meaning to tell you... I saw someone that looked quite a bit like Dan on the streets last night."

My eyes shot up from scanning menu items. "What? You mean... Dan Howell?"

"Yeah, it was weird, the guy looked just like photos you still keep of him. His hair's still quite shaggy, and he was looking properly out of it. Does he take antidepressants? It looks like he skipped his pills."

My eyes swam with tears. It did sound a bit like him.

"C-can I visit him?" I asked, my voice quivering. Bryony nodded.