Chapter One

"Once upon a time there once was a man and woman who were the King and Queen of all alphas, they had a son named Rex. Everyone knew that their son was going to be the worlds most powerful man in the future. One day, one of the Kings gaurds betrayed the pack by killing the King and Queen. What the gaurd didn't know was that the king's son, Rex, was there the whole time. Since Rex was only a little boy when his parents died, no one believed him when he told them of the gaurds crime. Rex's pack exiled him, thinking he was a liar and took on a new Alpha King who happened to be the gaurd. As Rex was living his life as a rogue he grew stronger and learned to fight, using his pent up anger to get his promised revenge on his old pack. A couple years went by and Rex finally grew into a man. With his new strength and power, he went to his old pack and killed everyone in it. They say that he killed the gaurd slowly and tortured him for months before finally killing him. It is said that Rex is still living. They say that he is a vicious man who will stop at nothing to get what he wants. It is also said that he has fought off the biggest packs with his bare hands. He's been in hiding for many years, waiting for the perfect time to be seen again."

"Stella, leave your brother alone. Can't you see you're scaring him?" My mom says, walking into my brothers room to make sure I put him to bed the right way.

My little brother Sam was hiding under the covers scared of 'Rex'. "Sam, darling, that's just an old legend that your sister is telling you. There's nothing to be afraid of, honey. Go to bed."

I sigh walking over to my mother, Luna Scarlett of the Ravens Blood pack. "He wanted a bed time story, so I gave him one."

My mother and I are alike in more ways than one. I can't even attempt to count the number of times I've been called her 'twin'. We have the same color chestnut brown hair that cascades in nice ringlets down our backs. Although mine is longer, almost to the middle of my back, my mom's isn't that far off. We both have hazel eyes, a small button nose and small, but plump lips. I am slighter darker than my mom and a little slimmer.

"I wish everyone would let those stories go."

I shake my head in disagreement. "I think the stories are cool. What if he's real? I bet he's hot. There's no way he can't be. What's a legend without a sexy man?"

I follow my mom out of my brothers room to the living room where my dad is discussing things with our packs Beta, Adrian.

"Stella, how are you?" Beta Adrian asks me.

"I'm doing fine, thank you."

My mom walks over to my dad giving him a quick peck on the lips. "Stella has been telling Sammy the story about the legend of Rex."

My dad chuckles. His usually dark green eyes lightning with amusement. He raises an eyebrow at me. "What have I told you about that, Stella. Sam's only six. Don't let it happen again, okay?"

Beta Adrian throws a small smile my way and shakes his head a little. "Well, I guess it's time for me to head out" He grabs his bags. "Tomorrow at 11, right Alpha?"

My dad nods in agreement, picking up his papers and bags as well. "Yes, 11 a.m. don't be late!"

My mom asks me to help her clean the kitchen which I reply yes to. I start wiping off the kitchen counters when I hear my mother speaking.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you." I turn around to give her my full attention.

Continuing to wash the dishes, she speaks to me. "I said, now that you're eighteen you should start looking for your mate. Most find their mate at seventeen and you don't even seem interested in having a mate."
I cross my arms and throw my head back in exaggeration.

"Mom, I wanted a mate before, yes. But I feel like I'm going to be one if the people that are without a mate. It's been a whole year. I even go to some meeting with dad when he handles business with other packs in hopes of finding my mate."

My mothers stops washing dishes and comes towards me. "Sweetie, there is a man out there for you, I know it. I understand how you're feeling. I was going through a rough patch in my life before I met your father. When I found him everything was better. You just have to wait and good things will come."

I look down to avoid eye contact with her. To be honest I don't believe what she's saying. I'm the Alpha's daughter for crying out loud. I should've found my mate a long time ago.

She wraps her arms around me trying to bring comfort from our contact. "Just wait sweetheart. I know there's someone out there for you. I just know it."

"I hope so mom. I don't want to be alone forever."

She runs my arms up and down and brings my face up to hers. "How about you go out for a run and let your wolf calm down, will that make you feel better?"

I nod lightly pushing her away so I can go outside.

"Don't be out long. You know how your father is about you being out at night."

"Okay."

I walk into our backyard which is a huge green forest filled with beautiful trees. I don't feel like changing into my wolf, so I just walk around aimlessly. I've been walking around for about two hours before noticing that I was walking a little out of my packs territory.

Hearing sounds not far away, I quickly start to run trying to make it back to my territory, hoping that it wasn't a rogue that I heard. The noises get closer to me almost sounding as if someone is running towards me. Right before I make it to my territory I pair or arms wrap themselves around me.

"What's the rush, princess?" A voice says. I could feel their hot breath against my ear. Their strong arms slightly tighten around my waist as his hands gives my waist a little squeeze.

The man nuzzles his head into my neck and says"You smell so good." taking a long whiff of my scent.

My heart accerates and my legs become paralyzed. He turns me around so that we're face to face and I make contact with his beautiful dark brown eyes.

I gasps, bringing my hands to my mouth. "You're my mate."

******************************
Hey guys, this is my first story on wattpad and I was hoping that y'all could give me some feedback on whether I should continue or not. Thanks for reading.