The End

We should've prepared more. We should've worked more on defense. We should've taught them about how different a real battle is from raining. We should've done so much more before sending these mean into war, but that means nothing now. All of our men our dead. Every. Single. Last. One.

This is a massacre. We were slain by the councilmen. There was no chance in us winning no matter how much we trained our warriors. The council would still beat us either way.

Blurry vision is all that I had from the hit to my head one of the newer councilmen caused. Looking to my left was hard and caused a headache, but I continued to look anyways. Where is Rex? I need to find Rex.

On the left side of me were all on the council formed in a half circle around him, so I could see what was going on. Rex was tied down in the middle with a muzzle of his mouth. He wasn't struggling or even trying to get out of the ropes and muzzle, but instead he was staring straight at me. His eyes held love. Such a great amount of love that I knew this was the end. He was going to die. And his end is my end.

I need to get to him. I need to hold him, tell him I love him for the last time. I feel the tears rolling down my eyes as a stare at him. They can't kill him. They just can't.

"You will never win, Rex. The kingdom will never be yours. It belongs to the councilmen and it will always be that way," The leader said.

The leader walks towards me and pulls me up by my shirt, "And if your mate survives your death, she will by mine, too." He throws me back to the ground and laughs. "See, that's the thing about you, Rex. You don't appreciate what you have."

Looking at Rex again, his posture is still straight as he continues to look at me. His eyes haven't moved from me.

"You have a good mate right there. Stella stood by your side through everything. She betrayed her own family for you. Went to war for you. Now she might die for you. How do you feel about that, Rex? Huh?" He looks towards Rex and see that the muzzle is still tightly placed on his mouth, "Oh, I forgot you can't speak because mutts like you need muzzles." He laughs at his own joke.

The other men stand like statues and have yet to move as they let the leader talk. They look like his minions. As if he has some sort of spell over him.

"I ought to take your mate right in front of you. Make you suffer before dying."

Now it was my time to speak. My headache was slightly going away and my vision was getting clearer. "You will never have me. I belong to Rex and only Rex. Never you." My voice was hoarse and my throat burned, but I paid that no mind as I continued to speak up for Rex since he couldn't defend himself. "Rex is the best damn thing that has ever happened to me. You're right about me standing by his side through everything. That's what a great mate should do. I will die for Rex. I will die with Rex, too."

Putting my hands I the ground, I push myself up to stand on my own two feet. I hiss in pain from all the scars left on my body from war. "I will stand by his side."

Rex starts to struggle a bit. I can see that he is pleading with me to stand down. He doesn't want me to die with him. But he dies like this, I might die of heartbreak.

The leader looks at Rex as he struggles to get out of the ropes and muzzle. "Look, your speech got him all riled up, cute." He walks towards Rex, "Now it's time he calms his ass down." He back hands Rex so hard, I think I can feel it.

The other men are still standing still, they didn't flinch at all as Rex's body hit the ground with a loud thud. I'm starting to think they actually have a spell put over them.

I take my chances and run over to Rex's body and make sure that he is okay. As I'm about to take the muzzle off his face the leader man throws me away from Rex. He walks over to me and kicks me in the stomach. I hurl over in pain and cough up blood. "Did I say you could go to him? How dare you try to take the muzzle off of him!?"

He walks back to Rex and sits him up. "You know what? I'm tired of playing games. I'm going to kill you right fucking now!" He takes a blade from out of his back pocket and plunges it through Rex's heart.

"NO!" I scream. I try to stand but fall from the pain in my stomach. Left with no other choice, I start to crawl towards my dying mate. "REX!? REX!? Don't die on me, please, don't die."

Once I make it to him his eyes are fluttering close. I know he only has a little bit of life to hold on to. "Keep your eyes open. Don't die, Rex, please."

Once again I reach to take the muzzle off of him, but this time the leader doesn't stop me. He simple smiles. "Go ahead and take the muzzle off, untie him while you're at it. Not like that's going to help him. He's as good as dead at this point."

I don't listen to him. I'm still hopeful that Rex has a chance to live, even if that chance is slim to none.

Once the muzzle is off I put his head into my lap and wipe his hair from his face. "Rex, baby? Can you hear me?"

He slightly nods giving me hope that he has a chance to live. "S-Stella?"

My tears drip onto his face, "Yes, Rex?"

His breathing gets harsh as his eyes start to for close, "I'm sorry... for everything." Before I know it he goes limp in my arms.

"No! Rex, no! You can't be dead!" I try to shake his body awake, "You can't leave me!"

I fall to the ground with him beside me with a sharp pain in my chest. This is it. This is how I'm going to die. The crazy thing is that I fully accept it. I'm dying with the man I love the most in the world- my mate. My heart only beats for him, but now it will stop for him.

The leader walks over me as I cower in pain and just smiles. He's the last thing I see before I take me last breath.

THE END