Chapter Twelve

Waking up in a king size bed alone has it's ups and downs. The good thing is that my body is sprawled across the bed in starfish formation. The bad side of it is that my mate must of left in the middle of the night, because if he left early this morning then I would still be on my side of the bed.

Rolling over to my side of the bed, I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling. After I long sigh, I turn my head to the left side of the bed - Rex's side - and notice a flower on his pillow.

I sit up and grab the flower noticing that it's a white carnation.
Along it it came a note.

'My dear Stella, I know that a carnation isn't your favorite flower, but this flower holds a certain meaning to it. This flower symbolizes the pure love that I have for you, it symbolizes the innocence that you have. I'm giving you this flower to show you that I am sorry. I hope that you have it in your heart to forgive me for all that I have done.
-Rex
P.s. I'm also sorry that you had to wake up alone. Something important came up.

I guess Rex really does care about me. I don't think he knows it, but after dinner last night I had already found it in my heart to forgive him.

I place the note and flower back on the pillow and get off the bed to stretch. Looking at the clock I see that its only 9 a.m. which is still pretty early.

After hopping in the shower, I grab the flower and find something to place it in, so that it won't die too quickly. Downstairs in the living room is where I find an empty vase small enough to fit the single flower. I fill it with a little bit of water and slip in the flower. I place the vase back in the living giving a slight smile.

Later that evening Rex walks through the front door with Adam as I'm catching up on The Walking Dead. This show has me sitting at the edge of my sit wanting more.

As soon as they walk through the door their loud voices start boomng through the house. It's to the point that I can't even hear the television anymore.

I turn the T.V. off as they come into the living room.

Rex plops down on the love seat next me and Adam sits in the recliner that's to my right.

Rex puts an arm around me. "You didn't have to stop watching T.V. because we walked in, mate."

Yeah, right. Since you walked through the door, the only thing I've been able to hear is your voice. But do I really say that? No. I smile and give a nice reply.

"It's okay. I didn't want to bore you with The Walking Dead."

He cringes with distaste. "I don't understand why everyone loves that show. I tried to watch it and its nothing special."

I know he did not just diss The Walking Dead. My face widens in surprise. "How can you not like it, it's only one of the best shows around, right, Adam?"

"I agree with Rex. I don't get what's the big deal about the show."

"No one asked for your opinion anyways." I mutter.

Rex chuckles. "You do realize that our said this about Supernatural also, right. Supernatural is only the best show ever!" He squels in a girly voice.

"First of all, I don't sound like that. Secondly. They are both show that have been graced by God." I say as I give him a light punch on the arm.

"Okay, Stella, sure." He nods his head.

"Whatever, haters."

Adam stands up and starts walking towards the front door. "Its six o'clock. I have to go get ready, see y'all later tonight."

Looking at Rex in confusion, I ask, "What's going on tonight?"

"I forgot to tell you, but we have to go to a meeting tonight with the Alpha of another pack. You're coming along. I bought you a dress earlier."

"Oh, what time does it start?"

"Eight."

I jump up and start running up the stairs in a hurry. "I have to get ready Rex. I can't meet new people looking like shit. Why the hell didn't you tell me as soon as you came home?"

After showering to make sure my body is nice and fresh, I walk into the bedroom with towel around my body to see a gorgeous dress laying on the bed for me. It's a long blood red gown that's strapless. The gown I'd absolutely beautiful.

I give myself a smokeye makeup look with matte black lipstick and a little bit of blush. I put my hair in to a cute, but simple updo. Putting on the dress, my look is complete.

Walking over to the full length body mirror I stare at myself in shock. The dress really complements my body making my curves show and my assets look bigger, but not too much.

"You look absolutely gorgeous."

I jump in fright and see Rex standing behind ne in the mirror. I take in his look and God, he looks delicious in a suit. I blush and look away.

He walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist. "No need to blush, little one. I know I look dapper in my suit."

"Thanks for the flower" I blurt to get the attention of the fact that I'm blushing. "Um, I loved it. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I will do anything for you to forgive me." He says while looking into my eyes. His eyes dart from my mine to my lips. I nod giving him silent permission to kiss me. He only pecks my lips.

I stare at him in shock. "What was that?"

"You'll get more later. As for right now, we're going to be late." He smacks my butt and sends me to the bedroom door, so we can leave.

I hope I don't embarrass myself tonight. Or worse, fighting starts.

______________________________________
Thanks for reading chapter Twelve. This was more of a filler chapter. More drama will be happening soon. Don't forget to comment and vote.