Chapter Twenty-Three

Rex's POV

"Go check up on Stella for me, will you?" I ask Adam.

He gives me a little smirk and nod. I raise an eyebrow at him wondering why he's smirking. He better not be trying anything on my mate. He can tell that we have mated because my scent is different.

Once he leaves my office, I start looking over all the information I have on Kira, Brad, and Sebastian. Things just aren't making sense. How did they know I was going to choose Kira to be Stella's friend? Now that I think about it, I didn't choose Kira for Stella, Adam did. I'll have to ask him why he choose her out of all the other women to choose from.

"Rex, Rex!" Adam runs in my office out of breath.

Putting down the papers, I stare at him impatiently waiting for him to catch his breath, "Yes, Adam."

"It's Stella," he wheezes, "She's gone."

It's like the whole world stopped. I stand up and look down at him, "What did you say?"

"Stella's missing. I looked everywhere for her, then I noticed blood on the living room floor. I think someone has kidnapped her."

Flipping the desk table over, I let out a deep growl. I walk over and grip him by the throat, "I want you to call everyone right fucking now and tell them to meet me in the clearing."

He gulps and nods his head rushing out of the room.

My skin his burning hot and my veins are protruding. With heavy breath, I walk out of my office and stomp my way to the clearing. Whoever kidnapped my mate is going to pay.

"Someone has taken my mate and I have an idea about who it is," my eyes scan the crowd, I notice Adam fidgeting, "Prepare for war! We will leave as soon a possible. Everyone gear up."

Everyone started walking away, but paused when they heard me talking again, "And if I find that one of you were in on it, there will be hell to pay. You're gonna will you were never fucking born! Understand!?"

Hearing a chorus of 'yes, Rex" and seeing head nods let me know that they understood me. Don't worry, Stella, I'm coming for you.

********

Stella's POV

Opening my eyes causes a slight pain in my temple. I feel something wet on the side of my head and bring my hand up to it, only to realize that it's blood caused from me getting knocked out.

I try to sit up, but wince in pain, "Oh my god."

All my memories from earlier hit me like a ton of bricks. Adam has been teaming up with Brad this whole time. Oh, how he had Rex and me fooled. This whole time, I thought he was a loyal follower of Rex's. I thought he was someone that should be respected. A true beta. But he's a lying piece of shit. He's a manipulator. God, I kind of wish him and Kira really do get together because they are basically the same person.

Taking in my surroundings, I notice that I'm in a small room with a tiny twin sized mattress on the floor and that's it. The walls are stained brown and there's a light shining on the ceiling even though its dimly lit.

How the hell am I suppose to get out of here? Finally getting the courage and strength to stand up, my body follows my thoughts. I walk to the door and pull it open. Surprisingly, it was open.

Taking light steps down the hallway, I'm sure no one can hear me. There's a stairway just ahead of my and I can hear people talking from wherever it leads to. I walk over to the steps and lend over to try and catch sight of what's going on. I no longer hear or see anything, so I continue my way down the stairs.

The front door is right in front of me, so I run to the door. Right as I was about to open it, I hear clapping from behind me.

"Great job, Stella. Almost thought you were gonna escape," I turn around to see Brad standing there giving me around of applause.

He walks towards me and smirks, "I see that Rex has marked you." He moves my hair from my neck and examines the mark, "That can be easily removed."

What? Is he talking about removing my mark? Hell no, I'm with Rex and Rex only. He must be out of his mind.

"I've got a huge surprise for you, Stella, dear," he walks away from me towards a door, "I just know you're going to love it."

"I don't want anything from you," I snarl. He must be out of his mind if he thinks I'm going to take anything from him. "Rex will be here for me as soon as possible."

He chuckles, "That's what you think, dear."

I roll my eyes at his cockiness. If there's anything that I know about Rex, it's that he's a very good tracker.

Brad continues to laugh, "I promise you're going to love the surprise, though."

"I promise I won't."

He opens the door and smiles.

"Dad?"

Standing there was my dad; Alive and well.

What the fuck is going on?

_______________________________________

Wow, big plot twist. How do y'all think her dad is still alive?

Comment & Vote