Mine

Lee's POV

Looking at myself once more in the mirror I pulled my white shirt down over my bump. I wore a pair of green Jordan joggers and green Jordan 5s. After throwing on my North Face coat and grabbing my Telfar bag I was out the door.

I spent the whole ride jamming and fighting tears as I listened to love songs. This was the danger of letting my playlist go on shuffle. I went from rapping about doing drills with King Von to fanning my lashes to Jagged Edge trying not to cry.

I pulled into the parking lot and texted D asking which apartment it was. She replied giving me the door number so I cut the car off and got out making my way up the stairs. I climbed the last step and sighed from pure exhaustion. Good thing I was alone because it was embarrassing how slowly I moved up those stairs. That shit knocked the wind out of me.

I knocked on the door and was greeted with D's smiling face. I squealed pulling her into me. "Oh my god, D, it's been so long!"

"I just saw you at your baby shower." She laughed as we separated.

"Yea like almost a month ago." I retorted as I walked in.

We were over Ariah's apartment and it finally hit me that I've never been over here. I'd been to Halee's and Recayah's places a few times but never Ariah's. Her apartment was nice with hardwood floors, a very spacious kitchen and living room, and soft white lights in the ceiling.

"Hey, big mama!" Ariah smiled before hugging me. "Sorry I couldn't make it to the baby shower, you got my gift though right?"

"I did, thank you." I smiled softly thinking about the Bluetooth baby swings and playpens she bought.

"Girl you missed out. The baby shower was all that." Halee boosted as she walked up.

She looked me over with a smile. "You rey pop girl, look at them titties. They rey bust out your shirt." She laughed making Ariah join in.

"Shut up." I felt my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"For real though, mama." Ariah placed her hand on my stomach, recording as she rubbed it and talked to my stomach.

"Come on boys we waiting on y'all." She cooed.

Once she stopped recording she went to post the video but me and Halee stopped her. She looked up at us with a look of confusion from where she sat.

"Don't post that." Halee spoke.

"Why not?"

"I haven't really been posting about my pregnancy."

"You keeping it off social media?"

"Well, not technically because I've been posting in my close friends but that's mostly only y'all. At first, I just didn't like the way I looked pregnant but now I decided I won't officially announce it until after they're born, and then I'll post my baby shower pics." I explained.

"Awnn that's cute! I get that." Ariah gushed.

"You get the pictures back yet?" D questioned.

"Not yet." I sighed taking off my coat and sitting next to her on the couch.

Just then Aniyah emerged from the back and I was instantly irritated seeing her puffy red face. Her lashes were a mess due to her water works and she looked tired in her dark grey jogging suit. Ariah called me this morning asking to meet her here and now seeing my girl crying had me worried.