CHAPTER-26 Shadows of Deception

ESTELLA'S POV

As I sit in my cabin after the medical committee meeting, my mind is filled with a whirlwind of emotions. Anger courses through me as I think about what happened in that room. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine Alaric would stoop so low as to stop me from participating in my grandmother's surgery.

 I always believed his anger was temporary, fueled by the love his grandmother had for him. Growing up, he spent all his time with her while his parents were busy with their business. During tough times, like Mia's incident and then his grandmother's accident, he was always in turmoil. But I never thought he would believe those lies.

After my mother's death, Alaric became my rock, my confidant. He was the one who helped me through my trauma, listened to my worries, took care of me, and supported me endlessly. But today, what he did is unforgivable. Tears well up in my eyes as I reminisce about all the beautiful memories I shared with Alaric.

A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts. "Come in Sir," I say, wiping away my tears. It's Dr. Vincent, and I nod as he asks permission to enter. 

He sits beside me on the couch and expresses his understanding of the tension between me and Alaric. He reassures me that he'll always be there for me, even if I can't share my problems with him. 

He hands me a file, explaining that I'll be helping him with a case after Alaric's grandmother's surgery. Despite not being allowed to take part in the surgery itself, I'm permitted to observe from the observation room and share my insights during the pre-surgery meeting.

Dr. Vincent insists that I take a day off to rest and read the case file. He mentions that the surgery is scheduled for the day after tomorrow. I thank him profusely for still allowing me to help despite the drama surrounding Alaric. As he leaves my cabin, I nod in agreement and gather my belongings to head home.

Driving back, I can't help but feel grateful for having Dr. Vincent as my mentor. He may be a little arrogant at times, but he's always there for his colleagues. Arriving home, I decide to sleep, feeling exhausted from the day's events.

 With Charlotte absent, my head feels heavy with thoughts, and I know a good night's rest is what I need to face whatever comes next.

AUTHOR'S POV

In a spooky old house, a person dressed all in black, with a mask covering their face and black sunglasses, enters quietly. Inside, the person finds a drunk man waiting. The room is dark and eerie, with shadows dancing on the walls. The mysterious person mentions that there is a new job for the drunk man. 

The mysterious person hands the drunk man an envelope and a bag. Struggling to focus, the drunk man takes the items and clumsily opens the envelope.  In The envelope he finds has a piece of paper with a girl's name and workplace address. The name on it is Dr. Estella Campbell, which means he has to find information on her.

Confused, the drunk man looks up at the masked figure. Before he can say anything, the person gestures towards the bag. The drunk man opens it and his eyes widen in disbelief. It's filled with stacks of cash.

The masked person orders the drunk man to find out everything he can about the girl in within the next 48 hours

 If he succeeds, he'll be rewarded with even more money. The drunk man nods, his mind hazy from the alcohol but eager for the promise of more cash. The masked person leaves the house with a car. 

The words of the masked person are cryptic and mysterious, hinting at a hidden agenda. It's difficult to determine the true intentions of this mysterious person towards the Estella.

✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧✧❁❁✧✿✿

ESTELLA'S POV

I woke up from my sleep feeling relaxed. Today, I decided to cook dinner for me and Charlotte. It had been such a long time since I last cooked a meal because I'm always busy with my duties. But today, I finally had some free time, and I wanted to make something special for us.

After freshening up, I went into the kitchen, ready to start cooking. I looked through the cabinets and the fridge to see what ingredients I had. I wanted to make something delicious, something that Charlotte would love.

First, I decided to make spaghetti with meatballs. Spaghetti is one of Charlotte's favorite dishes, and I knew she would be thrilled to have it for dinner. I gathered the ingredients I needed: spaghetti pasta, ground beef, tomato sauce, onions, garlic, and some spices.

I started by boiling a pot of water on the stove. Once the water was boiling, I added the spaghetti pasta and let it cook until it was tender. While the pasta was cooking, I prepared the meatballs. I mixed the ground beef with some breadcrumbs, chopped onions, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then, I rolled the mixture into small balls and placed them on a baking sheet.

Next, I heated some olive oil in a pan and added the meatballs, cooking them until they were browned on all sides. Then, I poured in the tomato sauce and let it simmer, allowing the flavors to meld together.

As the spaghetti finished cooking, I drained it and added it to the pan with the meatballs and sauce. I tossed everything together until the pasta was coated in the delicious sauce.

For a side dish, I decided to make a simple salad. I chopped up some lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots, and tossed them together in a bowl. Then, I drizzled on some olive oil and vinegar for dressing.

 Then, I drizzled on some olive oil and vinegar for dressing

Just as I finished cooking, I heard the door open. Charlotte had returned home. She smiled when she saw the delicious meal I had prepared. She went to her room to freshen up while I set the table.

Once everything was ready, I called Charlotte to join me for dinner. We sat down together and started eating. The food tasted even better than I had hoped, and Charlotte seemed to enjoy it too.

As we ate, I told Charlotte about the incident that happened today. I explained how Alaric had tried to stop me from participating in a surgery. Charlotte listened carefully, nodding sympathetically.

After hearing my story, Charlotte reassured me that I shouldn't let Alaric's actions bother me too much. She reminded me that tomorrow was a holiday for both of us, and we should focus on enjoying ourselves instead.

Excited about the idea of a girls' day out, I smiled and agreed with Charlotte's suggestion. We made plans to go shopping, have lunch at our favorite café, and maybe even watch a movie together. It sounded like the perfect way to spend our day off.

After finishing our meal, Charlotte helped me with the dishes, and then we both retreated to our rooms to relax for the evening. I couldn't wait for tomorrow's adventures with Charlotte.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸