6

Destiny Lawrence
              Compton California
February 13th 2023

I wake up in Jayden's bed, wondering how I got here.  As if about to sit up I feel soreness coming front my neck making me wince.

"You finally up" Jayden says walking into his room.

"Why am I here?" I ask as my voice sounded horse.

"You came ova' hea' all pissy and shit started beating on me and I tried to stop you but you wasn't having it" he spoke

"Why is my neck hurting?"

"You prolly slept wrong I don't fucking know"

"Mm" I said before remembering why I was upset about, "you called the police on my brother and had him arrested"

Jayden smacked his teeth, "you still on this shit man"

"Yes I'm still on this shit Jayden, you ruined my brothers record and reputation with a false claim"

"NO I FUCKING DIDNT!"

"Jayden don't lie to me"

"So youn believe me? Your first love? After everything, youn believe me?"

"Jayden he's my brother"

"That's crazy man—you know me better than anyone and youn believe me" he said in disbelief making me feel bad.

"I'm sorry" I say lowly, "it's not that I don't believe you, it's just—that's my twin brother"

"AND IM YO' NIGGA!" He yells making me jump, "and you my bitch, we 'posed to be in this shit together but you running around here acting like a fuckin' dumb ass hoe"

I looked down at my phone seeing it was my mom texting me.

"I-I have to go" I said leaving his house.

. . . . . .

"When we get in hea', don't touch shit and don't say dumb shit" jeezy said as we walked inside of the jail Dion was in.

"I wasn't gonna say much, I just wanted to see my brother and ask him some questions" I mumbled back.

"Don't be fucking fed, this a jail and he already in some shit, don't make it worse" he said rudely before opening the door for me to walk in.

"We hea' ta' see Dion Lawrence" he mumbled.

"First and last name?" The lady said before popping her gum.

"Ja'rod Lewis"

I didn't even notice them waiting for me to answer. I was too busy staring at the woman's lip ring.

"What is yo' name" she said snapping me out of my daze. I've been in the jail multiple times before because of my dad but I feel anxious.

"Sorry—Destiny Lawrence"

She typed on her keyboard before handing us our name tags and telling us where to go.

"Your name is ja'rod?" I asked jeezy as we sat at the table.

"Nah my name jeezy" he spoke.

"But you told her Ja'rod" I said confused.

"Why you being federal, just wait fa' ya' brother"

"You don't have to be rude, I just asked a question" I said lowly.

"You get beat on?" He asked making me blood run cold.

"What are you talking about?"

"Do a nigga put his hands on you?"

"Why did you ask that?" I swallowed my fear.

"Bruises on yo' neck—they visible" he pointed at my neck. I pulled my 30 inch bone straight leave out and pull it in front of me.

"Don't tell anyone please especially Dion"

"Not my business ta' tell" he shrugged.

"Can you still see it?" I ask him.

"Only if you real close" he said as my brother sat at the table.

"Waddup lil sis" he smiled causing me to roll my eyes.

"You're two minutes older" I said, "are you okay?"

"Yea I'm chillin'—I be seeing dad sometimes, he pissed off at me cause I'm in here with him but he been in hea' longer than me so ion give a fuck what he think" he shrugged.

"Wassup man" he said to jeezy, "I would dap you up but my hands is tied" he chuckled pissing me off.

"Wass—Dion this is not a fucking joke!" I yelled cutting jeezy off.

"I never said it was the fuck" he said.

"You're sitting here laughing"

"Can you chill out"

"Did you assault Jayden!" I spoke loudly causing the guards to look at us.

"Shut the fuck up" jeezy yelled at me.

"I'm sorry I didn't me—" I started to say but jeezy cut me off.

"Hea'" he said giving me his keys, "go outside or sum', you being fed as fuck right now and you making yo' brother look bad"

"Dion" I said looking at him for backup but he didn't say anything.

"Fine" I said snatching the keys out of Jeezy's hand and storming out.

. . . . . . .