15

Omniscient
            Compton California
                 May 10th 2023

"Ayeeee this my song" destiny said when Chung li by Nicki Minaj came on. She was getting ready to go to the jail to see her father.

She hadn't seen him since March, so it's safe to say she missed him.

"I pull up in that quarter milli' off the lot
Oh, now she tryna be friends like I forgot
Show off my diamonds like I'm signed by the Roc—" she rapped along as she filled in her eyebrows lightly.

She really didn't wear much makeup. Just the quick things like, eyebrow gel, lip liner and gloss. She always had eye clusters on and did them herself.

"They need rappers like me—They need rappers like me—So they can get on their fuckin' keyboards and make me, the bad guy—Chun-li" she rapped doing her edges.

She heard a knock on her door making her stop what she was doing and walk to the front.

She looked through the peep-hole seeing ja'rod making her smile. They had been talking for the past two weeks and she loved it.

She hasn't felt this way in a long time.

They hadn't had sex since they started talking because they wanted a fresh start. He had took her out on four dates in the two weeks they began talking.

Jayden never really took her on dates and she didn't think that it bothered her until now because it turns out that she loved going out and having fun.

"Who is it?" She asked, hearing the next song on her playlist.

"Jeezy" he said making her smile grow bigger.

She unlocked her door, revealing ja'rod holding yellow roses in his hand.

"Wassup des" he said with a smile.

"Hey" she said moving to the side so he can walk inside.

"Whatchu doin'?" He asked taking in her appearance. She had on a rose gold satin robe that stopped right under her butt.

"I'm getting ready to see my dad" she replied looking down at the flowers, "these for me?"

"Yea" he mumbled handing them to her.

She smiled, showcasing her deep dimples, "thank you, these are beautiful"

She grabbed a vase from her cabinet, stuck the flowers in it and filled it with water.

"What are you doing here?" She asked walking back to her bedroom.

He followed her, "I wanted ta' see you" he shrugged.

She smiled again.

'All he do is make me smile' she thought to herself.

"That's so sweet" she smiled, "can you help me pick out an outfit?"

"Show me what you got" he said sitting in the chair she had in her room.

"So I wanted to keep it—chill today since I'm mainly running errands" she said grabbing two lululemon sets from her closet.

"Forset green or navy blue?" She held up the sets in her hand, facing ja'rod.

He sat for a moment before responding, "blue"

"Okay" she said putting the green on down, "Ima wear myyyyy—" she trailed off looking at her shoe collection.

"Wear da' yeezy's" he said.

"Okay" she grabbed the shoes and the lululemon set before walking to the bathroom to change.

She came out the bathroom ten minutes later. She figured to just finish getting ready and curled her hair after she was done changing.