2

Omniscient
Compton California
               January 17th 2023

"Makayla ion give a fuck, I wanna see my son yo" Ja'rod angrily spoke into his phone. He was doing a drill and his babymother called to cancel on him again.

"Watch how you talk to me ja'rod, this is exactly why you not seeing him tonight" she replied.

Ja'rod clenched his jaw as he felt himself about to snap on her, "listen I'a come pass lata' and we can talk but regardless I want my son" and with that he hung up.

He grabbed his gun making sure that the suppressor was on and quickly pulled his hood over his head before running towards the house.

He heard faint voices coming from inside the house. He ran into the bushes to hide until he found a way inside.

He climbed through the living room window and shot the man who was laying in the couch in the chest before walking to the back.

He opened a back door only to see a woman holding her two children with tears running down her face.

"Please don't hurt us" she cried, "they're just children"

Ja'rod stood there starring at her. Part of him wanted to leave her but he had a job to do.

He raise his gun making the woman cry louder, "shut up bitch"

"Take me! Don't take my babies please!"

He looked at the children before looking back up to the woman. He waited a second before pulling the trigger.

He pulled out his phone and called his boss.

"Daddy long legs and mommy long leg dried out but they got lil long legs tho" he spoke in code.

"Damn—igh let 'em stay"

"Igh" he hung up and ran outside and drove off before the police got to the scene.

      . . . . . .

"Hey fat man" ja'rod said as he held his son, "you missed daddy huh?" He mumbled as his son clung to him.

He loved his son more than anybody and would do anything for him. he hated the fact that his son's mother is a bitter bitch sometimes, who holds his son against him.

"Ma'kalya we gotta talk about this shit" he said sitting down.

"About what?" She said with an attitude.

"About the fact that you be holding my son over my fuckin' head—everytime I do sum' youn like, you say I can't see my son and ion like dat shit"

"Well maybe you should stop doing dumb ass shit" she replied smartly.

"Yo stop gettin' fuckin' smart wit' me, when I'm trying have a grown ass conversation with you" he mugged putting his son in the pack and play.

"Ja'rod you're the one getting loud!" She exclaimed making him walk towards her and get in her face.

"Stop fuckin' playin wit' me yo cause you really pissing me off"

"I'm sorry I just—I just miss you so much, I miss us rod" she said looking up at him.

Ja'rod sighed, "I'm not tryna do this shit again man"

That statement made anger rush through ma'kalya's body. She pushed him off and walked towards their son.

"Oh so you mad at me na' cause ion wanna fuck?" He chuckled, "and now you not gon' let me see my son fa' two weeks"

"Get the fuck out, I'll call you when you can see him again"

"Igh bro chill, whatchu wan' me ta' do" he sighed. He really didn't want to do this with her again but if it was gonna allow him to see his son then he'll do it.

Ma'kayla smiled, "lemme put him to sleep then we can go to my room" she said running off.

    . . . . . .

He looked around for a worker as he walked into rite aid. He had just left Makayla's house and she sent him on diaper duty.

"'xcuse me" he said looking at the short girl that turned to face him.

"How can I help you" destiny asked politely.

"Whea' da diapers at?" He asked taking in the girls appearance. She was just his type. Short and petite, just the way he liked it.

Destiny's cheeks flushed red as she looked at the man standing in front of her, "isle nine"

"Good looks" he uttered before walking into the isle. He quickly grabbed the diapers that his son needed before paying.

He stared at the girl who he had asked for help as she bagged up his items.

"Ten-seventeen" she spoke before observing his appearance. She liked what she saw but she was a taken woman...unfortunately.

"Keep da change" he muttered grabbing his items and walking out the store.

He got in his car and quickly pulled off to his babymother's house. While he drove his mind drifted off to his older brother who had died a few years back. Ja'rod had been recking his brain, trying to find the person who killed his brother.

Eventually he pulled up at his babymother's house and walked inside.

"Ma'kayla come get yo' shit!" He yelled waiting for her to come down. He didn't feel like dealing with her again.

She slowly walked down the stairs and smiled at him, "you don't wanna stay?"

"Nah ima head out" he mumbled watching her pout.

"You should stay baby, we gonna miss you" she smiled before grabbing his hand and put it between her legs, "she's gonna miss you the most"

He pulled his hand back, "I gotta work tomorrow" he lied, "tell my lil man I love him"

"Okay bye" she said watching as he walked out to his car and pulled off.

                        . . . . . . 

Heyyyy

Questions, comments, concerns?

Thoughts on ja'rod?

Ma'kayla?