13

Ja'rod Lewis
             Compton California
April 8th 2023

"Youn like this shit huh?" I said to my son as I fed him some baby food his mother packed.

"Hea' try some more" I said holding the spoon towards him making him turn his head away.

"Igh man" I laughed, "we gon' get you some real food, hold on"

I grabbed my phone and called my mother.

"Hey ma" I put the phone on speaker.

"What the hell you want boy?" She answered.

"Dang ma ion get a hi"

"No now what do you want?"

"AHHHHHHH!" Kaiser yelled looking at the phone.

"Is that my grandbaby?" My mom asked excitedly.

"Here you wanna talk ta' grandma?" I said giving him the phone.

"Hey kaikai"

"Ya ya ya ya" he spoke in the phone.

"Whatchu doing baby boy?, you having fun with daddy?"

I took the phone out of his hand cause he was drooling on it.

"Yea he having a blast anyway, can he eat solid foods now? Cause he like eleven months now"

"Yea, he should've been eating solid food, just make sure like it's cut into pieces that he can't choke on"

"Igh good looks ma" I say, about to hang up but her voice stopped.

"Nigga stop playing and say thank you"

"Thank you" I said hanging up.

"Igh man—" I say grabbing my half of chicken box out the fridge, "you gon' have some of daddy's chicken box"

I held up a drum in front of his face making his eyes go wide.

"Yea you know want this huh" I said chuckling.

"Dada dada" he said grabbing the drumstick out of my hand and biting into it.

"Hungry as fuck"

I record him eating the chicken so I can send it to my mom, When I get a call from Dion.

"Hello"

"Wassup you busy?" He immediately asked.

"Yea I'm wit' my son right now, why wassup?"

"I just found out that nigga Jayden had a baby on my sister"

I raise my eyebrows, "oh really"

"Yea man"

"So whatchu call me fa'?" I asked him.

"Cause I wanna down sum' bout it"

"Like what"

"Ion know some shit to teach him a lesson"

"Njgga is you tweaked out right na'—you just got outta jail and you ready ta' do some dumb shit"

"It's not dumb, I told that nigga ta' stop fuckin' with my sister and he'on listen"

"Igh so what you got in mind?"

"Man I told you ion know but he gotta learn his fuckin' lesson"

"Igh man, i'a come pick you up but we not doing no crazy ass shit man" I responded, "all we gon' do is jack the nigga up and threaten him"

"Igh" he said hanging up.

I sighed looking at Kaiser, "man it's always some shit going on when I have you son"

"Mmmm" he said licking his lips.

"You wan' go back wit' ya' momma?"

"Yeshhh" he said making me laugh. I picked him up to get him ready.

. . . . . . .

"You ready?" I asked Dion.

"Yea" he said pulling a Nike ski mask over his face causing me to do the same thing.

We got out the car, walked to his apartment and banged on the door.

"The fuck?!" Jayden yelled as he opened the door. Dion's fist connected to his face making him jerk back.

"Fuck you playing in my sisters face for nigga?" Dion yelled in Jayden's face.

"The fuck you talking bout?! I ain't playing in that bitch face? She left me"

"Watch yo' mouth pussy ass nigga"

"Chill" I said to Dion, making Jayden look at me.

"Ohhoooo" he said with a smirk, "you brought this bitch ass nigga ta' back you up"

"The fuck he bring you for?" Jayden asked me.

"You had a baby on her?"

His smirked dropped and fear took over his face. This Nigga ain't bout all that, putting his hands on women, just to be scared.

"Who told you that?"

"It don't matter who told me shit, I hear it and based on yo' fuckin' face—" I trailed off, looking him up and down, "it's true"

"So what if it is? Whatchu gon' do about it, she left me like I said"

"We just gon' teach you a little fuckin' lesson" Dion said cracking his knuckles.

He grabbed Jayden by his shirt, pushing him into the tv that was mounted on the wall.

Jayden punched Dion in his face, making me walk towards them and pistol whip him.

He fell limp in Dion's grip. Dion dropped Jayden's body.

"Fuck wrong wit' you nigga"

"What?"

"You fighting him and shit" I chuckled shaking my head.

"That was the plan, right?" He asked as we walked out the door.

"Yea but fighting overrated, I just pistol whip niggas now" I spoke getting in my car.