coffee shop : 15

Craig pov:

It was now Friday.

I kept thinking about the medicine. I probably shouldn't have asked. I'm scared. I don't want to start taking it.

I was caught up in my thoughts when my mom called me downstairs for food. It knocked me out of my trance, and I got out of my bed.

I saw my sister already sitting at the table as I made my way downstairs.

I walked into the room and looked at my mom, who was preparing our plates.

"Mom?" I called out.

"Yes?" She asked, not paying attention to me.

"Can you maybe call the place and say no to the new meds? I think I'm fine without them." I said, just loud enough for her to hear.

"Are you sure?" She asked, turning to look at me. I nodded.

She got back to making plates as I sat down in my usual spot.

My sister looked over to me with confusion.

"Meds?" She asked.

I nodded.

"For what?"

"Depression." I answered quietly, still feeling uncomfortable with the term. She got an 'oh' look on her face before nodding and looking away from me.

Mom walked over and set plates in front of me and my little sister.
...
After I ate dinner, I walked back upstairs. I thought about meeting tweeks, parents. I think about a lot of things. My mind is scattered yet organized. I plan one thing out and then move on to the next.

I decided to take a shower.

...

For the first time in a while, I was sitting at my desk and playing fortnite with clyde. It's been a while since things were normal.

I don't have a headset, just shitty string earbuds.

But they get the job done, so I don't think it matters.

I hear Clyde talking to me about something, but I'm too focused on killing this one dude who definitely wasn't a bot.

"Craig!" I hear loud through my earbuds. It scared me.

"Yeah." I questioned.

"Did you hear any of what I just said." He asked.

"Uhhhh, something about your mom." I guessed.

"No." Clyde said in a sad tone that I could tell wasn't real.

"Sorry man, I kinda zoned out." I mumbled.

"It's alright. I was talking about a party that I took tweek to." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You mean the one I dragged him home from?"

"I think?"

"Shit." I mumbled as I got knocked.

"It's okay, Craig. I'll come save you." Clyde said in a teasing tone.

"Please just hurry- fuck!" I shouted.

"Craig?"

"...can you come get my reboot card...."

I hear laughter on the other end of the mic.

"It's not funny, dude." I grumbled.

"It is really funny." Clyde teased again.

"Shut the hell up, dude. I don't even know why I play with you. This is why your mom died." I mumbled.

"Maybe I won't reboot you."