𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

♪ Consume - Chase Atlantic ♪

|Ivory|

Silence; some people says it calms themselves when they are stressed, some people says they hate it. For some people it's the sound of the peace, for others it's what triggers their anxiety.
I used to like it. And sometimes I admit I need it. But I'm always on the edge when there's silence, probably because it's always the calm before the storm.
The noises have stopped since a few seconds, maybe minutes now. Aace should've came. He should have knocked. I want to get out. I want to see what's happening. But for the first time in years, I'm scared.

The gunshots, the Russian voice, the fact that they came into my own place to get me, the smell of blood that I can feel creeping through the door, everything. Suddenly, everything looks like I'm back there again. But Aace is here right? He's protecting me. He can't-

Five knocks is heard on my door. "Ivory. Open this door now. I've been calling you since five minutes and you're not answering. I swear if you don't open it I'm going to break it." I hear him mutters.

I clear my throat.

"I'm fine. Yeah okay I'm going to open the door now." I sighed as I got on my feet, and it was like I was finally out of my trance as I opened the door. And I saw him standing there nonchalantly like nothing happened.

"I got the fuckers." He says grinning through his teeth.

"You mother fucking asshole! I thought they killed you!" I say hitting his chest with my fists to give him a lesson.

"I killed them first. You really thought they could kill me so easily ?" He scoffs, "You underestimate me, tesoro."

I hit his chest another time, "It's not funny asshole!"

"Maybe not, though I appreciate that you were worried for me." He adds, chuckling.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes. I want, I need, I have to take a shower.
I feel Aace's fingers on my wrist, right where my pulse is located.

"Hey. I was just joking. Your heart rate is pretty high right now."  He notices, probably because he can feel my pulse beating under his fingers.

I scoff. "How surprising."

"Did you take something?"

"I'm not under cocaine if that's what you're asking."

"Okay." He says quietly, studying me. "Then you need to calm the fuck down."

"I'm perfectly calm." I grit through my teeth.

"Don't bullshit me. Do you want or need something? Water?"

"I'm fine! I... I don't need anything. I don't want anything! Stop worrying!" I yell at him, hoping he would listen.

"No. You're not fine." His hands found my shoulders guiding me on the bed. "You're going to sit now and calm down." He said firmly, letting me know I didn't have a chance to argue.

Once I was sat, he kneeled down in front of me putting two fingers on my wrist where he could feel my pulse.

"Your pulse is too high Ivory. And I'm serious. It needs to slow down okay?"