𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

Champagne Coast - Blood Orange ♪

|Ivory|

Seven years later...

I would've never thought my life would look like this now. Aace and me even moved into a house and speaking of him, he became the leader of the Mafia a few months after I got my Medusa tattoo. And he's pretty good at it. Erin is still single, and it's not surprising anyone. Nate and Matteo are still the dumbasses they were years ago, our parents are doing fine and aging well. Elijah just got engaged with his girl and they look very happy together. Damian leads my father's Mafia now, and he calls me to help him sometimes. But he calls me even when he doesn't need me, and we really got closer during the years that have passed. And Luca and Aurelia have a son. He was born two years ago and Aurelia treats him like he's the world's prince. I'm realizing only now that I'm not unlovable. I never was. I just needed Aace to show me that it was possible.
I am free.
I feel happy.
Time heals it all.”
I never believed in this quote before getting married with Aace, but thinking about it now I realize that maybe it's not the time that did it,
It's him.
Aace healed me.

I was never thinking I had the right to have a life like mine now.
I evolved so much, I grew so much. And with Aace we changed together and for the better. We both deserved to be happy after all. I wish someone told me when I was younger to never give up on life, and on me. To hold on. Back then, I didn't have the strength and the knowledge that I possess now, and even though it's so hard and so fucking tough, I'm now one of these people who think that life is worth it after all. It's pretty ironic when we know that so many times I wanted to abandon everything. To fuck up everything and put an end to myself. I never thought I could be capable of surviving, but here I am and I did. As Oscar Wilde said, a few years ago I was just existing. And then, when it felt right, when I was ready I started to live. I went through so many things and I had so many battles, but I wouldn't be who I am now, if I hadn't been through the weird way of life of making me stronger.
My past isn't a shame for me anymore, it's a part of who I am.
And finally, I won all the battles I wasn't telling anyone about.
And I sincerely hope that all the people in the world who are struggling right now, do the same.
We all deserve to have our happy end.
My story didn't come to an end when I thought it would, and thanks to that, I'm proud to say that I've fought to have the opportunity one day, to write the rest of my story.
And guess what?
I did.
I once heard,
“You survived too many rainstorms to be bothered by raindrops.”
I don't know who said this but whoever they are, they're so fucking right.
And here it is,

I wrote my story.
And I couldn't be more filled with joy.

|Aace|

I woke up slowly as I felt a small hand caressing my face, I open my eyes and see Ivory smiling softly, and then I look between us, and there's a small frame moving like a worm and looking at me with big eyes. I take her into my arms and lay her carefully on my chest. She rests her small hand right where my heart is, on my naked chest and this small touch makes me melt. Feeling her soft skin on mine is the most enjoyable feeling I've ever experienced.

My daughter.
She has Ivory's eyes, hair color, and lips, but she has my features. A perfect mix of us.
And she's from far, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my whole life.  She came into this world six days ago, on August tenth, and I did my best to take care of Ivory after the birth, so she could rest.
And here I am, on August sixteenth, holding her on the day of my birthday.
Fuck. My woman gave me a child. 
And her name is Solana Emerald Carillo Rossi.
Having her name pronounced on my lips, truly makes me so happy. I feel like her name really suits her so much.
Ivory looks at me, eyes filled with proudness.

"It's adorable seeing you as a dad. And happy birthday, my love." She says, as she gives me a kiss and hands me a small box.

"What is it?" I ask, about the box.

"Your birthday present." She responds, casually shrugging her shoulders.

"You didn't need to do this. You just gave birth a few days ago-"

"It's okay." She interrupts me. "I wanted to gift you something. Now open it."

I slowly put Solana into her arms to set my hands free and pull on the ribbon to open the box.

It's a watch.
And all around the watch dial there's emerald gem inlaid in it.
A reminder of our daughter.
This watch is a fucking masterpiece.
And at the back of it there's a little message carved in it,

Your tesoro, & your daughter, so you can always have us with you.

"You did this ?" I ask her, my voice filled with emotion.

"Well, yes. I wanted emerald gems because Solana's middle name is Emerald and-"

I kiss her. "I know. Don't worry."

"Do you like it?" She whispers softly.

"I love it. You don't know how much. It's so beautiful. Thank you."
And now it's her turn to kiss me, then she looks at our daughter.

"She's perfect." She breathes out.

"She truly is. And she's so tiny."

"Aace, she's six days old. Of course, she's tiny. What did you expect?" She laughs softly.

"No but like she's tiny in a cute way. I love it. She looks so fragile." I caress Solana's little hair slowly.

Solana snuggles deeper into Ivory's chest and Ivory covers her with a small blanket.

"You're such a great mom." I murmur to her as I press a kiss on her forehead.

My wife holding my daughter in her arms is the best view I'll ever have. My wife is recovering well from the birth, and my daughter is healthy.
I'm the happiest man on earth.

What more could I ask for?

And I realize looking at them,

Ivory and Solana are my birthday presents, but they're my life presents before everything else.

______________________________________