Chapter 14

Adam

The tension between Katie and I was absolutely palpable. Inviting her to this party was a great idea and we were both enjoying ourselves. Well, as long as I could keep my dick under control. She looked fucking amazing. Tight white jeans, shoulders bare, hair up, tattoo showing in all its glory. I was fucking tempted to just throw her over my shoulder and take her home right there and then.

Keep it in check Adam.

But when she kept looking at me with those gorgeous eyes I could hardly fucking breath. I don't think she realises how beautiful she is. There's sometimes a certain sadness about her that I catch a very quick glimpse of but she shuts it down just as fast. Oh, and the scowling angry face, that is pretty regular. But I'm just trying to infect her with a smile and my touch. Actually, I can't stop fucking touching her like a god damn starving man.

Then that fucking ball had to hit her.

Spilled the cocktail all over her jeans and stained them with the red, sticky drink. Back to scowling angry face, but I could hardly blame her and to her credit, she tried to hide it as best she could. My fucking friends behaving like god damn teenagers. I followed her inside to find Chloe who quickly took her to a bathroom down the hallway so she could clean up. Chloe came back soon after and placed her hand on my arm silently apologising for the mishap. Of course it wasn't her fault but I appreciated the sentiment. It had been a very long time since my friends had seen me with a woman. The excited way I told Chloe and the guys that Katie was coming to the party had them elbowing and winking to each other like stupid horny shitheads. Later, Zac and Carter clapped me on the back and said they hoped like hell that she was going to be a good thing for me. That's the thing about my friends - always had hope in their hearts that I'd find myself in a better place. That the weight of my responsibilities at home and the grief we'd gone through, didn't ultimately hurt my own chance at happiness. I knew in my heart that Katie was effortlessly making me visualise a future I was eager to explore... only because she was in it.

I wander along the hallway to the bathroom to see how Katie was doing. I could hear a hairdryer running so she was probably still salvaging her wet pants. I knock on the door and the hairdryer stopped.

"Katie, it's me. Are you okay?" I ask through the still closed door.

A silent pause.

"Come in," she says softly.

I slowly open the door, slip into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I turn around and holy shit, did the earth just stop fucking spinning? I feel like my chest is on fire and I'm actually having a hard time breathing. There she is, by the sink, hairdryer nearby and her jeans splayed on the counter where she had been drying them. Meaning she was standing there in her black top and panties.
And that is fucking it.
Panties.
Legs.
Tattoo.
Legs.
Panties.
Fuck.

I have to lean on the counter so my legs don't completely fail me. But I can't tear my eyes from hers. She silently moves right up close to me, positioning herself between my legs. I swallow thickly and clear my throat, looking down at her. I can't fucking wait a second longer.

"Would you please come home with me now?" I sound desperate but hell, I really am. Desperate to feel her, touch her, taste her.

"That depends," she says in that sexy small voice of hers. I cock my head to the side in response, waiting for her to continue.

"Are you gonna be a gentleman when we get to your place?" she asks. I think back to the kiss outside the bar, when I said that I was trying so hard to be a gentleman. I grin.

"Yes," I smile. She raises one sultry eyebrow at me.

My smile drops. "I mean...no." I could trip over my own tongue at this point.

"Fuck," I groan out in response to my stupidity.

She smiles at that. She reaches out with her hands and grabs my own hands that are twitching on my thighs, aching to touch her. She moves my hands back around her body and firmly places them on her arse.

"Show me," she whispers and those words go directly south making me rock fucking hard. I grip her arse hard and in one move swoop her legs up around my waist. I crash my lips down onto hers and it's a glorious, furious wrestle of tongues and guttural groans. I back us up to the closest wall and grind my hard on right into her core. There's too much material between us and I can't go much longer without feeling her perfect flesh against mine. God damn she feels amazing and I'm literally a panting moaning mess in her mouth. Her fingers are in my hair scratching, pulling and tugging. It's sending bolts of arousal all over my body.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Fuck no. No no no.

"Everything okay in there?" It's Chloe.
Not now.
Not now.
Not now.

God fucking damn it. Okay I have to get this woman home to my place right the fuck now. She slides down my chest and my hard on, her bare feet back on the floor. Her face and neck are flushed red and her chest is heaving in sync with mine.

"Just a minute," she squeaks out in response to Chloe.

She flips around and grabs her still wet jeans off the counter, bends over and shoves them into her bag on the floor. Jesus. She grabs something else out of the bag and slips it up her waist. A short black wrap around skirt. She whips back around with a devilish smile, grabs my hand and looks up at me with those gorgeous eyes. She tugs me down closer to her and ever so gently presses her lips to mine, never taking her eyes off me. Her kiss is so different from our frenzied make out just a few moments ago. This one is gentle, sweet, unhurried and makes me feel grateful she has chosen to share it with me. She pulls away slowly, taking in a deep breath and I wait patiently for her to confirm if she's sure about what she wants to do next.

"Let's go," she says with desperation laced in her voice.