Chapter 76

Sakuya's P. O. V:

I breathe a heavy sigh of relief and sheathe my sword. "I'm glad that's over."

Kankuro glances to me and says, "You should really tend to that shoulder wound."

I glance at my right shoulder and wave off his concern. "It's just a small stab wound. I'm more worried about Kiba-kun." I gaze towards him and worry tugs at my heart at his deadly stomach wound.

"Don't worry about me, princess," He says with one eye squeezed closed. "I'll be fi—" He gets cut off with a groan.

"We need to get you to the hospital right away," I gasp.

Kankuro asks, "Hey, where's that cat of yours?"

I blink my eyes as I say, "Oh, you mean Homura? She's up there." I point above and the boys look up as the nekomata jumps down from the air. I stroke her head. "I ordered Homura to wait in the air unless I really needed her. She would've come down if you hadn't shown up, Kankuro. By the way," I gaze at the Sand ninja with a grateful smile, "thank you so much for saving our asses!"

Kankuro blushes as he responds, "Ah, it was nothin'! How about we go out for a date when you're all better?"

Kiba's eyes turn to angry white triangles as he scowls and Sakuya says politely, "Thank you, Kankuro, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline."

"What?! Why?!"

"Because I already have a boyfriend."

"Really? Who?"

I gesture to the Inuzuka as I say, "Him."

Understanding flits across the brunette's features even as he looks a bit disappointed. "Oh. I guess you'd already have a boyfriend by now, huh?"

"You'd better keep your paws off of my girlfriend!!" Kiba warns before groaning in pain.

"Okay, I didn't realise she was your girlfriend," Kankuro says.

I help Kiba to his feet and place him on Homura's back. "We need to get to the hospital. Jump on." U jerk my chin at Kankuro who blinks his eyes at me.

"You want me to get on Homura?" He asks uncertainly.

"Yes. It'll be quicker. She can carry up to three people," I reply.

Kankuro gathers up his puppets and climbs on behind me. Then Homura takes off for the hospital.

                         🌸🌸🌸

Back in the hospital, I get my shoulder seen to. We all got injured badly on the mission, though Shikamaru only got a broken finger during his fight with Tayuya.

Naruto was in the worst state of all of us. We had failed in bringing Sasuke back.

Apparently, Tsunade had called for aid from the Hidden Sand Village. If it weren't for that, we'd all have died.

I'm in Kiba's room, and Akamaru is unconscious on a little bed on the floor. "How's Akamaru doing?" I ask.

"Hana says he'll be fine as long as he gets plenty of rest, so no long walks for awhile," Kiba responds.

I gaze at him in concern. "And you?"

"I'll be as good as new in no time!" His grin soon fades. "I don't like that Kankuro tried to ask you out."

"He was just being nice," I tell him. "Besides, I only have eyes for you, Kiba-kun. I knew all along the Sand ninja weren't that bad."

"Heh. I guess you're right, princess. I'm just glad they're our allies now, not our enemies."

"Me, too," I agree.

We gaze at each other in silence for a moment, before we lean towards each other and our lips meet. We kiss tenderly for a few seconds before pulling back.

"I should leave you to rest, then," I tell him.

"You probably shouldn't be moving around with that shoulder wound," Kiba says pointedly.

"You're right. I'll see you later," I say. I kiss his cheek and spare the Ninken a pat before Homura and I return to my hospital room.