Chapter 66

Third Person's P. O. V:

It's been a few days since the battle with the Ryuzaki and everyone was all recovered from the battle. Naruto and Ren had gotten hurt but were recovered.

Sanna was still in the hospital, due to the fireball that had hit her. She was recovering pretty well. Daisuke keeps sending her flowers while working at his tea shop.

Sakuya stands in front of the Leaf Jounin in a room in the Tower as they discussed how she calmed Naruto down.

"How did you do it?" Asuma demands to know.

"Do what?" Sakuya questions, hugging Homura to her chest.

"Calm Naruto down! You did it without using Jutsu or anything."

"I don't know how," Sakuya says honestly. "I just talked to him and held Naruto's hand. Then he came back to me."

The Jounin glance at one another.

"I think," Hotaru muses, "I think it may have something to do with platonic love." Everyone stares at her. "Sakuya cares so much about Naruto and is very overprotective of him, that her feelings couod probably be felt by the Nine Tailed Fox itself, and they're enough to force it back."

"I'll beat up anyone who hurts Naruto-kun! Even a stupid Nine Tailed Fox!!" Sakuya hisses, fists clenched. Kakashi sweat drops slightly.

"Err, right," He mutters.

🌸🌸🌸

Sakuya walks up to a cherry blossom tree with Kiba and turns to face him under it.

"So these cherry blossom trees bloom year round?" Kiba asks, gazing at one curiously.

Sakura nods her head. "Uh huh. That's how the Ian's got its name."

"Oh. Right."

Sakura turns to him as she murmurs, "I'm really gonna miss you all."

Kiba blinks his animal like eyes as he asks, "Aren't you coming back with us?"

Sakura shakes her head as she replies, "No. I've talked about it with my parents after I was released from the hospital, and they said I could come back after we defeat the Ryuzaki clan. And, now that we have, I can finally come home after seven long years."

Understanding and pain glints in Kiba's eyes. "I guess you must really miss this place, huh." Sakuya nods her head. Kiba sighs. "I'm—we're—really gonna miss you too." He's referring to Akamaru, who lets out a tip of agreement.

Sakuya smiles sadly and strikes his head. She looks up at Kiba as they stand under the cherry blossom tree.

"So, have you made up your mind about which of us you like?" He asks.

"I have," Sakuya confirms.

"Who?" Kiba asks eagerly.

Without saying anything, Sakuya closes the distance and presses her lips to his. Kiba stiffens out of surprise before relaxing into the kiss as he closes his eyes.

The kiss seems to last forever before they finally pull back. Both of their faces were the colour of deep pink. Sakuya asks, eyes half lidded, "Is that answer enough for you?"

Kiba smiles widely before nodding. "It makes me happy to know you choose me. I've always liked you."

"I've had a bit of a crush on Kyo since we formed Team 6," Sakuya admits, still blushing, "but I've always liked you since we first met, Kiba-kun."

He gives her a toothy grin. They lean forward and kiss again under the cherry blossom tree.

                      🌸🌸🌸

"Whaaatt?! What do you mean, you two are dating?!" Naruto exclaims. Earlier, they had all gone for a dip in the river as it was quite hot, and are having tea and biscuits at Daisuke's tea shop.

"Exactly as I had said, Naruto-kun," Sakuya confirms.

"So it looks like I win this one, Kyo," Kiba says with a smirk at the greenette. He doesn't say anything.

"Anyway, I have something I need to tell you guys," Sakuya says seriously. They all look at her. "I've decided to stay home."

This causes Ren t spit his tea out as he splutters, "You wanna do what?!"

"I've decided to stay home. My parents agreed to let me return when we defeated the Ryuzaki."

Ren exckaims frantically, "What'll happen to Team Kekkei Genkai?!"

"You'll be fine. It'll only be for a few weeks," Sakura reiterates. Ren slumps forward as a gloomy aura surrounds him.

"It just won't be the same without you."

"Gee, I didn't think your actually choose to stay behind, Sakuya," Says Sakura.

"Yeah. Especially after only having just  become Kiba's girlfriend," Ino adds.

"It's been seven years. I miss my home and my family," Sakuya tells them. "I will definitely be back a the Hidden Leaf soon, though. Since it's also my home."

Her friends, except for Sasuke and Kyo, smile at one another before they continue their tea and biscuits.

                        🌸🌸🌸

As Sakuya and her friends walk through the streets, Sakuya's hand clasped in Kiba's, a few kids come up to them.

"Princess Sakuya!! We heard you have a really pretty singing voice! Can you sing something?" A little girl with pigtails asks.

Sakuya agrees, "Of course I can!"

She pulls her hand out of Kiba's and the song almost immediately comes to mind.

Sakuya dances as she sings, and the kids join in. Even some of the Genin, including Kyo, join in on the dancing. Only Shikamaru, Sasuke and Shino stand off to the side as they watch on.

"You know the bed feels warmer
Sleeping here alone (sleeping here alone)
You know I dream in color
And do the things I want (I do the things I want)
You think you got the best of me
Think you've had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'll come running back
Baby, you don't know me, 'cause you're dead wrong
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
You heard that I was starting over with someone new
They told you I was moving on over you
You didn't think that I'd come back
I'd come back swinging
You tried to break me but you see
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
Thanks to you I got a new thing started
Thanks to you I'm not the broken hearted
Thanks to you I'm finally thinkin' 'bout me
You know in the end the day you left was just my beginning
In the end
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger (stronger)
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone (what doesn't kill you)
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I (what doesn't kill you)
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger (stronger)
Stand a little taller (taller)
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone (what doesn't kill you)
When I'm alone"

Sakuya continues singing with Ren for the rest of the afternoon, more onlookers gathering around them.