12. Problem After Problem

Indra goes home and sleeps soundly because he is very tired. But a big problem is waiting for him the next day. He forgot that his shoes had been ruined in the dungeon raid and now his mom is interrogating him.

"I-I couldn't sleep last night, so I jogged for a while. But then my feet felt sore, so I stopped in the park and sat for a while. I took off my shoes and dozed off. I woke up shortly after but some wild dogs were playing with my shoes and ripped them."

Of course, his mom knows that he is lying even though he thinks that his lies & acts are flawless. But his mom doesn't want to think too much about it now.

"Fine, let's just say I'll believe you. But you need to buy new shoes yourself. Buy 2 pairs, a pair for school and a pair for sport. You have saved enough money to buy 2 pairs from your part-time job, right?"

"Eh? I want to buy a Playstation though."

"Playstation, huh? Is that more important than shoes? How about you go play at the bus station instead, huh? It's cheap. Or maybe you can live in the STATION from now on so you can PLAY every day. So, you still want that PLAYSTATION?"

"N-no, Ma'am. I will buy shoes."

"Good, for now, you can use your dad's boots."

"B-boots? But those are rain boots, not cool boots."

"What cool boots? They're the same anyway. Or do you prefer to go to school with sandals? I'm sure it's not allowed."

"Ugh, but rain boots aren't allowed either."

"Still better than sandals."

Indra can only give up and do what his mom says because he doesn't have any other choice.

'I need to use different shoes for dungeon raids from now on. Damn, my money.'

Without any other choices, Indra goes to school wearing rain boots. His classmates laugh at it and the teachers can only sigh seeing it. He doesn't want this to happen again, so he buys 2 pairs of shoes just like what his mom asked.

'Sigh, forget about it. Let's check the new skills, they look really interesting.'

Indra tries to use the new skills he gets at Level 20. His Hardening skill doesn't change his skin's appearance, but his skin becomes as hard as a stone. He tries punching a tree and his fist really becomes more powerful while also removing the backlash pain from his punch.

The Blessing of Strength is just as it is named, increasing his strength. It increases his strength by 10% at Level 1. Currently, his strength stat is 38, so it becomes 41.8 as the 10% of 38 is 3.8 and he can feel the improvement clearly.

As for the Curse of Weakness, it's the opposite of the Blessing of Strength. It reduces his strength by 10%, so his strength stat becomes 34.2 after using it on himself. He is surprised that he can use a debuff on himself though, but it's not a problem because he can increase their proficiencies with this.