16

He could smell her blood. It was stronger than ever and calling to him, which meant one thing - she was bleeding...

Concerned, Steve didn't find Evangeline in her room but rather down in the kitchens, blotting the wound on her palm with a tea towel. "Fuck". She hissed and then looked up and saw him. "Sorry...I was slicing up apples for the pie I was making, but accidently managed to get my hand instead". 

He mentally willed himself to control the urge to just pounce on her, but even she could see that it was affecting him. "I told Kate to tell the others to stay out while I dealt with it..." Eva continued. 

"It's fine..." He managed to get out, his words sounding pained. "I'll be able to control myself". 

"Your eyes are red, if you want to taste it to help you through then you can. You'll feel better after". She removed the towel and the primal urge to have her seemed to take over once and for all. 

He lunged, grabbing her palm and beginning to drink the blood that seeping from the wound, his thirst and desire disappering once more before he realised he shouldn't take too much. Otherwise he could hurt her. 

He didn't want that. 

Pulling his mouth away, he licked the wound clean and then wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "And that? That is why Kate and the servants do the cooking". He sighed, feeling vulnerable for the first time in years. He'd lost control...yet when he'd tasted her, it had disappeared once and for all. Perhaps that was the key to actually getting through this torture. Or at least one of them, the way he looked at her now, he could easily just scoop her up and take her to bed. 

To have her be eternally his. 

"Sit down, I'll get some bandages". He instructed and went to find some, returning to see her blotting the wound with the towel. "This might sting, just something Wanda made to help with healing". Then dabbing some of the liquid from a bottle onto a clean rag and cleaning the cut.

"I'm sorry..." She apologised again. "I didn't mean for you to lose yourself that way because of the blood". 

He gently wiped it, taking her hand in his and starting to wrap the bandages around her palm. "It's ok, it's been a while since I've smelt blood that strong. I didn't mean to hurt or scare you". 

"You didn't". She assured him. 

His eyes went to the bruised bite mark above her breast, fingers tracing across the area softly. Her heart rate increased, thumping away. But the rate wasn't out of fear - but rather out of excitement. And her response to his touch only made him want to touch her more. 

Finishing bandaging up her hand, Steve's eyes flickered up to see that hers were already on him, watching him intently. "Your heart rate is fast..." 

No shit. 

"Maybe it's because I like the way that you touch me..." 

His gaze never left hers. "Do you want me to touch you more?" 

She nodded slowly. "Yes..." 

Moving himself closer to her, his body was almost touching hers, her heart rate quickening more as he leant in - stopping just before her lips. "Do you want me to kiss you?" 

"Yes..." She breathed, feeling his lips now brush against hers, taking her body in his grasp. 

He couldn't stop. The lust more intense the more he touched her. Her hands grazed against him, unsure of what to do with themselves, whereas his slid down her waist to rest on her hips, wanting to touch every part of her. "Has anyone ever touched you before?" He asked, pulling away slightly as she brought her lips back to his, needing more. 

She wanted more...

"No...no they wanted me saved for whoever I married". She told him quickly. 

"You do realise if you do this then there's no going back". 

She stopped and pulled away, now looking at him. "I'll be spending the rest of my life here won't I? The only man who will ever have the privilege to touch me is you..." 

That was enough confirmation for him, and scooping her up, he carried her upstairs to his room - shutting the door and locking it so as there would be no interruptions. 

She was giving herself to him willingly, without knowledge that they were mates. It would seal the bond, tether them together. Could he be selfish for once? She'd already stated that the only man who would have her was him? 

Just this once. Just this once he could be the selfish one. 

Walking to her, he placed his hands on her shoulders. "Turn around and I'll unzip your dress..."

Eva silently turned, feeling his fingers brush against her skin once more, before they smoothly tugged at the zip, pulling it down. Both his hands ran down her shoulders, letting the dress simply fall freely to the floor and puddle at her feet. 

It was best that it was him. Not the man who had been chosen for the alter.  She'd had images in her mind that he would have been cruel, would have treated her as roughly as the horror stories she'd heard of when it came to the wedding night. 

But she trusted this man. Well, he was more than that, but she knew he wouldn't dare hurt her. Once he lay claim to her then no other could have her again, and even though the circumstances ensured her that it would happen anyway, there was still the positive side of being so ruined that she'd be free to live a life alone if she were ever able to leave one day. 

Her decision had been made the moment that Steve had touched her. 

She was his to possess in any form that he desired. 

Even now the goosebumps rose on her skin, under his touch. Once more he whispered to her, "are you sure that you want this?" 

She nodded. 

"Yes...more than anything".