21

"Would this be ok to wear?" Eva asked, coming out from behind the dressing screen and showing Steve the simple outfit. She made it look all the more richer though.

He nodded. "It's fine, they're gonna love you. Trust me".

He'd already warned Nat to play nice, and for Bucky and Sam to act normal. Whatever that was anymore. They were heading into the city to meet them at the townhouse that Nat and Bucky shared - although with the amount of time that Sam was there too, he should've just moved in.

"Are we going to walk again?" She asked, glancing out of the window to where darkness had fallen.

Steve shook his head. "No. Fly".

Eva blinked. "I think you forget that I'm not like you. I don't have wings".

"Just as well you have arms to hold on then isn't it?" He smirked as he rounded her, bringing his lips to one of her shoulders and kissing along it. "I promise I won't drop you".

"You also promised not to bite when we first met, and look at what happened". She retorted in jest and leant her head to one side to allow him to kiss back up her neck.

"You like it when I bite".

Eva chuckled. "I do. These new sleeping arrangements were certainly beneficial to us both".

She had been sleeping right through, sometimes into early afternoon over the last couple of weeks. They'd had to postpone the meeting with his friends once as there had been some issues at court. Steve hadn't said to her what they were about, but it had meant that he'd had to send Sam and Bucky on a mission to put things back into place. At once point it had looked as though he'd needed to join them, however the issue had been easily rectified.

As for Steve? The bond was beginning to drive him a little wilder, with him ending up sometimes seeking her out and having to then make excuses. He couldn't stay away, but thankfully Eva would put this down to thirst and allowed him to drink. One drop was enough, or at least it had been for him to stay away for longer. Now as it deepened, he'd found that he'd needed to take a little more.

Needless to say that Eva or anyone else were none the wiser. To others, they most likely thought that she was his personal supply.

In some ways she was...

The supply to everything he wanted and needed.

"Let's go". He said before he just decided to ruin another dress and have Kate run to the dressmakers to get her new ones.

Leading her outside, he scooped her up. "Arms around my neck, I promise to be quick if you don't want to enjoy the view".

"I think I'd prefer that".

She felt them launch into the air, but now darkness shrouded her - and in the blink of an eye, they had landed outside one of the cobbled side streets lined with townhouses. Her stomach felt a little strange as Steve put her down - and only now did she catch a glimpse of the wings as they disappeared back behind him. "How come I've never seen them when we've been together?" She asked.

"Because I hide them. They're not needed".

"You hide them from me on purpose?" She asked, but he didn't answer - instead guiding her up the steps of one home and knocking.

A red haired woman immediately answered. Eyes now resting on Eva before turning them to Steve. "You're late".

"Get fucked Romanoff". Steve smirked. "There wasn't a set time that I told you we'd arrive".

"Our pal here was too busy with his human" A tall man with longish hair and what looked like a metal arm now appeared from a side room. "Told you he'd be late". There was a glint in his eye.