[9] Guess Who's Back

Ariana walked through the school hallway too busy studying her new class schedule to pay attention to where she was going

Ariana walked through the school hallway too busy studying her new class schedule to pay attention to where she was going. Until she ran straight into someone.

"Sorry, I-" she looked up. "Nick?"

Her ex-boyfriend who had moved to Neighborville over two years ago stood in front of her. He looked good. He had grown a lot since the last time she had seen him. Instead of just being a couple inches taller he now towered over her.

"Surprise," Nick said.

Ariana threw her arms around him. He leaned down to hug her tightly.

"What are you doing here?" Ariana asked after letting go of him.

"I moved back. Last week."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ariana demanded. "We talked a couple of weeks ago."

"I wanted to see your reaction," Nick admitted.

Henry and Charlotte walked up to them then. "Hey, Ari," Henry said. "Who's this."

"This is Nick. You met him at the Valentine's Day dance a couple of years ago. The one where your date almost killed Mitch Bilsky," Ariana said.

"Oh yeah, I remember you," Henry held out his hand.

Nick shook it. Henry winced.

"Nick, these are my friends Charlotte and Henry if you don't remember," Ariana said.

"Hey guys!" Jasper greeted.

"Hey, Jasp," Ariana said.

"Hey," Henry and Charlotte greeted.

"This is Nick," Ariana said. "Nick this is Jasper."

"We should probably get to class," Charlotte said.

"Right, do you guys all have history first period?" Ariana asked.

"I do," Nick said.

"So do I," Henry said.

"No, I've got math," Charlotte said.

"I've got math too," Jasper said.

Ariana looked at all the schedules. She had a couple of classes with each of them and they all had the same lunch.

"See you guys later," Ariana said to Jasper and Charlotte.

"See you," They both said.

"Come on, Miss Shapen's class awaits," Ariana said to Nick.

"That is one thing I didn't miss about this school," Nick said as they started to walk.

Henry quickly caught up to them. "Hey, Ariana, can I talk to you."

"Can it wait till after class?" Ariana asked.

"No. It's kind of important. You know," he gestured to his watch with his head.