[15] Just a Dream

"Where do you go when you're gone for hours?" Henry asked Ariana

She sat on the couch in his room staring down at her homework. She tapped her pencil against her leg and glanced up.

"What do you mean?"

"Where's your spot?" Henry said.

"How do you know I have a spot?" Ariana asked.

"I guess I just figured you would."

Ariana said nothing. She only held out her hand. Henry stepped towards her and took it. They disappeared into a flash of light.

Henry glanced around. They were at the top of Mount Swellview. The Swellview sign was right behind them.

Ariana dropped his hand and sat down on a flat rock. Henry took a seat next to her.

"Why here?" Henry asked.

"I like the view. And it's quiet most times."

"You know this is one of the places I used to meet up with that Wall Dogs girl," Henry said.

"It was my spot first," Ariana smirked. "What was her name again? Vanessa?"

"Veronica," Henry corrected.

"Whatever happened to her?"

Henry glanced at the girl. She was staring off at the sun that was slowly beginning to set.

"She was arrested for being the mad granny. I haven't heard from her since."

"That's right, and Chloe and Bianca both left you for that show, Kids in the Woods," Ariana turned to Henry brushing her blonde hair out of her face.

"Your point?" Henry asked gritting his teeth slightly.

So maybe losing two girlfriends to the same reality TV show was still a sore spot.

"We should get you a girlfriend," Ariana said.

"Why do you care?" Henry asked.

"Why do you care about me dating Nick?" Ariana countered.

Henry rolled his eyes. "Not this again," he grumbled.

"Wait... are you jealous?"

"Wha- Jealous, me? No," Henry protested.

"What are you worried I'll spend all my time with Nick and forget about you?" Ariana said lightly teasing him.

Henry huffed a sigh. "Possibly."

"Aww, don't worry I'll always have time for you," Ariana laughed.

Henry was slightly taken aback. It seemed so out of character for Ariana to so openly admit she cared about him even if she was mostly joking. Maybe his jealousy was more obvious than he had thought.