[25] Christmas in the Man Cave

Ariana sat on Nick's couch cuddled into him

Ariana sat on Nick's couch cuddled into him. She could hear his heart beating from where her head was lying on his chest. The lights on the Christmas tree twinkled warmly. A fire blazed in the fireplace. The TV was playing an old Christmas movie.

Nick placed a soft kiss on Ariana's head and she let out a sigh of contentment.

"Are you sure you have to go?" Ariana asked.

Nick laughed. "It's only a few days. I'll be back before you know it."

Nick and his parents were going to stay with his grandmother for Christmas.

"I'm gonna miss you," Ariana whispered.

Nick ran his fingers through Ariana's hair. She shivered in response.

"I'll miss you too," Nick said.

The door opened and a woman's voice echoed down the hall. "Nick? Are you almost ready to go? Your dad will be home soon and then we'll leave."

"Yeah, Mom, I'm all packed," Nick said.

"Hi, Mrs. Hendricks," Ariana poked her head up from the couch.

"Oh hi, Ariana!" Mrs. Hendricks said.

Ariana liked Mrs. Hendricks despite not knowing her that well. According to Nick, the woman adored her.

"I have something for you," Nick said. "It's in my room. Come on."

Nick grabbed her hand and pulled her down the hallway to his room.

Ariana had been in his bedroom before but she still glanced around. There was a bag in the middle of the room presumably filled with Nick's stuff for his trip. His bed was made neatly. A jacket was thrown on the floor.

Nick opened his closet and grabbed something.

"I've got something for you too," Ariana said reaching into her bag.

She had got Nick a nice cologne. She hoped he would like it because she thought it smelled amazing.

Nick handed her a box. Ariana gave him his gift. They both unwrapped their presents.

"Nick! This is a Gherkin bag! These are really expensive, how did you afford one?" Ariana asked.

"I have my ways," Nick said. He sniffed the cologne. "Ooh, this is nice."

"Thank you, Nick," Ariana said.

"Of course, anything for you."

Ariana set the bag on his bed and trailed her fingers up his arm.

He set the cologne down and pulled her in for a kiss. Ariana wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. Nick caressed her face gently as they continued kissing. His other hand settled on her waist.